Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Curator of the museum of public nudity

Thanked 106,728 Times in 6,164 Posts
Default question about star rating downgrades

Just curious - has anyone else but me noticed how frequently relatively large threads in the exhibitionist forum suddenly go from a five star rating to a four star, or even a three? This has been happening for about a year or so. You would think these would have enough votes so that one person's vote could not cause this to happen, that is unless that person is giving them one star ratings. To me, it smacks of being an act of mischief or revenge, possibly purpetrated by just one individual, and perhaps someone that (just guessing here) does not like women who do not shave.

I think because those stars are bright and yellow, and unlike thanks, are clearly visible before you open a thread, star ratings matter. Or at least, they give threads a distinctively positive appearance when there are five of them. But even beyond that, and this is the whole problem with them - a one or two or even three star rating is a black eye compared to no stars at all. So I think it would be interesting to explore replacing the star rating with a "thank entire thread" button or something and show that thanks total instead of those stars. I also like the idea of thanking whole threads because a blanket thanks saves you a lot of time when you like every post!

just my ever so humble opinion, and I have no idea if such an idea is possible to implement.

Klondike
Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showoffzzzz View Post
The problem with the star ratings is that someone can be a jerk and give a very low rating which will reduce the overall rating if there aren't a lot of votes. If a thread gets 5 stars from three members and then someone comes along and gives it a 1 star that will drop it to 3 or 4 stars. There are two solutions that I can think of which would be to eliminate the ratings or to encourage more members to vote. If there are twelve 5 star votes and one jerk gives the thread a 1 star that wouldn't change the 5 star ranking.
encouraging more members to vote would be a good idea. It probably does not take much to rebump a thread back up to a five, and a couple of times i have even hinted in a thread that I would like that to happen.

thanks,

Klondike
Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Thanked 1,045 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Just curious - has anyone else but me noticed how frequently relatively large threads in the exhibitionist forum suddenly go from a five star rating to a four star, or even a three? This has been happening for about a year or so. You would think these would have enough votes so that one person's vote could not cause this to happen, that is unless that person is giving them one star ratings. To me, it smacks of being an act of mischief or revenge, possibly purpetrated by just one individual, and perhaps someone that (just guessing here) does not like women who do not shave.

I think because those stars are bright and yellow, and unlike thanks, are clearly visible before you open a thread, star ratings matter. Or at least, they give threads a distinctively positive appearance when there are five of them. But even beyond that, and this is the whole problem with them - a one or two or even three star rating is a black eye compared to no stars at all. So I think it would be interesting to explore replacing the star rating with a "thank entire thread" button or something and show that thanks total instead of those stars. I also like the idea of thanking whole threads because a blanket thanks saves you a lot of time when you like every post!

just my ever so humble opinion, and I have no idea if such an idea is possible to implement.

Klondike
Agreed, Klondike. While I'm not a slave to the star rating, only clicking on the highly rated ones and ignoring the rest, it's undeniable that I'm drawn more easily to higher rated ones. But, it's tough to "regulate things, I'd imagine. Matter of tastes and opinions. I wish people would just heed the suggestions in the FAQs and guidelines. Essentially, if you like something "thank" and/or "star". If it's not for you, simply "move along". There seems to be plenty here to satisfy a wide range of tastes.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM

ha ha - I see where this was given a one star rating. Very funny So I was right, there is a gremlin at work. I think the one star proves it.

Klondike
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 AM

Thanked 1,045 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
ha ha - I see where this was given a one star rating. Very funny So I was right, there is a gremlin at work. I think the one star proves it.

Klondike
Although I too frequently am a wiseass, just so you know, it wasn't me. But in this singular and limited circumstance, it appeals to my totally warped sense of humor. LMAO. Props to who did it. Awww, c'mon, Klondike. You know that you laughed...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzrlvr View Post
Although I too frequently am a wiseass, just so you know, it wasn't me. But in this singular and limited circumstance, it appeals to my totally warped sense of humor. LMAO. Props to who did it. Awww, c'mon, Klondike. You know that you laughed...
its been bumped now to a three. A little war is going on here. A little star rating war pitting the forces of good against the forces of.....well......maybe madness and mayhem? Or warped minds. Or......(yeah, I laughed but I don't laugh as hard if its my thread ).........or..........perhaps something darker....??

Klondike

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
GF 11 24 14 b

0m:49s

11-24-2014
HCCR7077

7m:36s

05-07-2022
Pissing

2m:08s

05-11-2020
bcf001 29