Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Curator of the museum of public nudity

Thanked 106,729 Times in 6,164 Posts
Default the view/post ratio

NOTE: The following is being reposted from "the million view club" thread because I thought it was interesting and might not be seen without a thread of its own. Go to the third paragraph for the "view/post ratio" stuff. Everything below refers to the E&V section only..

"Its been over two years since i started this ("the million view club") thread, and it is exciting to see how much OCC has grown since that time. Right now, there are 33 threads in the exhibitionist and Voyeur forum alone that are over the 1 million view mark. That is a whopping increase since 2010. I just noticed that my "Tribal Women" thread is the latest to pass this milestone.

Osreb tops the list as the author of the most threads over the million view mark. I recall he started many of these shortly after it was suggested he author more of his own threads. And now many of those he started back around Jan 2010 or so are over the 1 million mark. Congratulations, Osreb! Gleanman, myself, Zeban and Brolla are the only other users with two or more threads in the one million view club (Exhibitionist and voyeur forum only!).

Another thing you can look at here is the view/post ratio which kind of gives you sense for how popular are these threads taking into account their overall size. For example, Sal's "life's a Beach" thread has the most views of any thread (again, E&V forum only), at over 5 million. But it also has the most posts at 3,713. That gives that thread a view/post ratio of 5,000,000/3713 or 1614 views per post. This is somewhere in the middle compared to other threads with over a million views. Interestingly, the thread with the highest view/post ratio is the "girls looking at Cocks" thread at 4865. This is an indicator of a thread topic with a high "niche" market - meaning many users avidly seek out that type of pic. Then there are some threads with a view/post ratio of under 1000. PEdro's 2011 beach pics thread is like a lot of threads with a ratio of between 1000 and 1500 views per post. But overall, I think the view/post ratio can give you a sense for the overall popularity of individual pics and posts in that thread. No. of posts vs no. of pics might not always correlate too well, but you get the point.

Interestingly, as you go back through the threads in the E&V section by views, the view/post ratio is pretty consistent. It seems to average around 500-2000 or so regardless of the total view count. Rare is the ratio above 4000, but I did find a couple (you find more as you go further back i.e. threads with 1 post and over 4000 views are more common. Most threads get a minimum of 1000-2000 views). Anyway, it seems one way to guarantee a high ratio is to add provocative words to the thread title. The following words seem to guarantee more than the usual number of views/post: "Student" (or any reference to school), "daughter" (or sister, etc), party themes (incl the words party, club, stripclub, bar etc) and "beach". Also clothed/naked themes are popular, as well as threads with the words "nudist, naturist, or naturism" in the title. Then there were the threads titled "camping out" and "nice neighborhood" which both had ratios over 3000. Go figure, but the "Girls looking at Cocks" thread still ranks about no 1 in terms of the view/post ratio even as you go back through the board quite a ways. This is very interesting - its a clothed/naked theme but it doesn't even guarantee you a naked female!

Anyway, so how should one name a thread to guarantee the highest view/post ratio? Heh, heh....

How about something like:

"Naturist's daughter shocks school by baring it all at prom party..!!"

I'd bite......"

Klondike

Last edited by Klondike; 05-19-2012 at 06:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Klondike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 PM

I'll just add - I'd gather that every time a thread is bumped with a new post, it gets probably on average around 700-2000 views. This probably occurs regardless of whether that post includes a pic because it just means the thread is opened (viewed) to see the latest post.

Well known threads that are continually bumped undoubtedly have a following, and that following may grow or remain relatively stable over time. That is something you could track using the view/post ratio i.e an increase in the view/post ratio means your "fan base" is growing. Likely there is a curve of sorts here, where the popularity of a large thread grows for a time until it reaches a saturation point (where the view/post ratio levels off and becomes a constant). Or, its possible that the view/post ratio never grows much at all but remains about the same as it was from day one.

But also, as I mentioned above, the ratio seems dependent upon key words in the thread title which undoubtedly guarantee more than the usual number of views. The thread author is unimportant. The actual pics posted are unimportant. Taking for example the thread going by the title above: "Naturist's daughter shocks school by baring it all at prom party" - it would be a fun experiment to actually start a thread with this title, include NO PICS, and see how many views it gets. Based on the fact that it contains all those "key" words like "School", "daughter", "party" etc, my guess is that it should rack up in excess of 4000 views for that one post.

No, I'm not actually going to try this....

Klondike

Last edited by Klondike; 05-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
[I] Go figure, but the "Girls looking at Cocks" thread still ranks about no 1 in terms of the view/post ratio even as you go back through the board quite a ways. This is very interesting - its a clothed/naked theme but it doesn't even guarantee you a naked female!
well, since I guess the thread is called "naked girls looking at cocks" you are guaranteed a naked female after all...

Klondike
Old 05-19-2012, 08:30 PM

It would take someone a long time to find the thread at OCC with the highest view/post ratio. I mean, searching all forums now. And leave out the 1 and 2 post threads as they are too numerous to matter.

So, expanding this now i checked the ENF forum first. And there you will find a thread titled "naked, embarrassed and shocked" with a view/post ratio of 6152. This is the highest ratio I have yet found on any board at OCC. But....careful searching may reveal higher ratio threads still. It seems the ENF forum in general has the threads with the highest view/post ratios on average. In addition to the one I mentioned above, there were some others with v/p ratio's higher than 5000. Remember, by comparison, the highest v/p ratio thread encountered in the E&V forum was 4582.

Anyway, ranking the different forums by their thread's average v/p ratio, it might go like this: Take it easy on me guys - this was after only a very brief spot check (and always checking the most viewed threads overall):

ENF - highest average v/p ratio's
upskirts and DB's - v/p ratios consistantly in the 1500-2000 range.
E&V, hardcore (fairly close) - E&V forum's v/p ratios tend to be quite variable. Less so hardcore forum
amateur - v/p ratio's quite low - often under 1000.

So, I don't think any of this is earth shattering. What it all means to me is about what you would expect - certain topics have a very large fan bases. ENF for one. forced and accidental nudity for another. Also CMNF, peaks and slips, school, party, beach and, pardon the expression, - "underage" themes (i.e. threads with the word "daughter" or "virgin" in the title).

Klondike

Last edited by Klondike; 05-19-2012 at 08:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klondike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM

anyway, I think the v/p ratio is kind of a fun thing to look at. Its all about the power of words here, and also users prior experience with a given thread/author etc. To achieve a high v/p ratio in a large thread, one would need to combine a popular subject matter with consistent delivery of quality product i.e pics..

But as for finding a thread with a v/p ratio higher than 6152? Let the hunt begin! Seriously, one way to go about looking would be to pump "key" search terms into the search function and check the v/p ratios of the threads that pop out. For example, search on "ENF" and "Student" or "ENF" and "Daughter" or, well, you get the point. I'm sure that there is a thread out there with a higher ratio than 6152. I mean, I only spot checked a very few...and when you search, search titles only.

EDIT: just so that you are fully aware of what I am doing - by "v/p" ratio, I mean views/posts, but in actuality, "posts" is really called "Replies" on the board. So you are really taking the number in the "views" column and dividing it by the number in the "replies" column. Thats what I am calling the v/p ratio.

KLondike

Last edited by Klondike; 05-19-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:45 AM

Thanked 57,966 Times in 2,592 Posts

K, one thing you have to factor in is the amount of members signed up at the time a thread was created.

When threads as old as mine were created there were a lot fewer members signed on.. i recall a figure of between 50 and 100,000 back in 2007.. was prob closer to 50,000.. now it's 645,000.. i think it's more than doubled in just the last 2 years. Alex would prob know the yr to yr member stats.

So yeah.. any eye-catchy threads created within the last year or so are most probably gonna get the highest v/p ratio
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sal32 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 04:36 AM

Thanked 16,221 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default Interesting

This is quite interesting as I post a lot in Caption Pics but find that it is not a very popular thread with a V/P ratio of under 500. Recently I had been looking at which pics were more popular (You can see this when doing a mouseover) and found the ones with most views were quite a bit different to the ones that I liked. Even a thread like Show The Girl You Can't Stop Wanking Over has a V/P ratio of around 1100.

This is not high but you would expect more given people should be posting pics of their favourite girl so in theory all posts should be fairly good. I suspect the Naked Girls Looking at Cocks is popular because we can place ourselves in the picture and say "that could be my cock" (Mind you I know some of them are definitely not mine!).

I also think that for valid comparisons to be made the thread needs to have a minimum number of replies, say 25.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sooty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 AM

Sal is right about the age of the thread issue - one thing about the v/p ratio that struck me is that it is not MORE variable than it is. Really, most threads, regardless of subject matter, are clustered fairly close together v/p wise.
I mean, there are few total clunkers or wildly popular threads. To have the vast majority fall within a ten fold ratio (say, 300-3000) says to me that a lot of members click on anything and everything. We know thread content is more variable than that in actuality. But what gets delivered as opposed to what expectations are is a key point - I mean, the v/p ratio is all about expectations as there is no way to peak inside a thread without opening it. And while actual pics may be clunkers, no one is going to name a thread "the lousy beach pic thread" or whatever..

And as for the minimum no of replies - yes, things get a little skewed as the reply figure goes down. I was thinking maybe ten replies might be one choice. Hard to say....

People shouldn't think though that the v/p ratio really has all that much to say about how good a thread is. Largely, I think, it reflects ones ability to pump their stuff through interesting sounding thread titles, for one. Also, as we all know, the popularity of content is heavily influenced by cultural factors and the age of the user.

Klondike

Last edited by Klondike; 05-20-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 PM

one thing that will guarantee you a relatively low v/p ratio (I just noticed this) is to put up a new thread and then immediately flood it with posts. If you add lots of posts ALL AT ONCE without giving people time to view each one individually, not many views will get racked up per post. Then if you stop and the thread slips back in the pack, never to be bumped again, your v/p ratio will be low. So remember that - for a higher v/p, post intermittently and more slowly. I noticed this with Krull's Leif Heilberg thread and some of my own. Posts go up too fast which doesn't give you enough time to register 500-2000 views with each one. This seems to be a pretty major way to lower your v/p, so
it could have a lot to do simply with the pace at which posts go up. Many viewers are coming in and opening the thread for the first time while going straight to post no. 10, for example.

Klondike

Last edited by Klondike; 05-20-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Thanked 16,221 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
one thing that will guarantee you a relatively low v/p ratio (I just noticed this) is to put up a new thread and then immediately flood it with posts. If you add lots of posts ALL AT ONCE without giving people time to view each one individually, not many views will get racked up per post. Then if you stop and the thread slips back in the pack, never to be bumped again, your v/p ratio will be low. So remember that - for a higher v/p, post intermittently and more slowly. I noticed this with Krull's Leif Heilberg thread and some of my own. Posts go up too fast which doesn't give you enough time to register 500-2000 views with each one. This seems to be a pretty major way to lower your v/p, so
it could have a lot to do simply with the pace at which posts go up. Many viewers are coming in and opening the thread for the first time while going straight to post no. 10, for example.

Klondike
I would agree with that as I often look at OK Lady - Spread-em but because there are so many posted I often just skim over them rather than looking at more of them and there are some great photos amongst them but many of them are very similar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sooty For This Useful Post:

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
pee 4

3m:01s

11-09-2016
steph bath 01 02 2022

4m:24s

08-25-2022
1 2

2m:15s

03-24-2012
9CAM