photos, videos and .ZIP files.
uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Default Not an OCC problem so much as a general computer problem.

I'm not sure this is something I am supposed to ask here but I am having a problem w/ my computer in general. I know this isn't exactly what this is for but I know there are some pretty computer knowledgable people on the site. So could i use this space to try and fix my problem. If not, that's fine. I will wait and read the reply before getting into anymore detail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harrisean For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2008, 01:31 AM

Default Here goes

OK. Well thank you. I am also on a pretty new (a used one that's new to me) computer. I bought it a week ago and just got Windows XP reinstalled on it. Most everything works great and it's quite nice to go from Windows 98 to XP. BUT I'm having some trouble getting some videos/graphics to load on my computer. To be quite specific I am unable to view full episodes of shows from NBC, FOX, and ABC.com. On Fox when I try all I get is like the spinning circle/spiral that never ends. On NBC all I get is a black screen (I know from friends' computers there are background graphics/pictures) w/ the woprds select an episode to view and when I click that a box opens to the right and that is supposed to contain a picture and text describing the show but it also is just black. On ABC I try and I just get a done but w/ errors on page message. My thoughts on this is it could be some weird setting somewhere that I couldn't figure out and I have looked around but my knowledge is limited on this thing OR maybe my graphics card that came w/ this machine is crap. I've checked and I can play the videos on CBS and CWTV.com just fine. I have tried shutting down all my antivirus, pop-up control, firewall, accpted all cookies, lowered my Internet security., and downloaded Adobe Flash. I'm still stuck and unable to view these videos. I can give any more information to anyone willing to help me although I may need help getting it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to view these graphics/videos?
Old 05-10-2008, 01:56 PM

Does it do that anywhere else? Are you looking at in Firefox or IE?
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2008, 02:19 PM

Well it's the onmly places I've noticed so far. I'm working w/ IE7 which I recently updated too, but it also did the same w/ IE6.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:36 PM

Thanked 22,429 Times in 2,226 Posts

I guess you are reffering to streaming videos and not downloaded videos. I also assume that you flashplayer is all upto date. Have you checked youi device manager to check all drivers are installed. I wouldnt have thought this could cause your problem, but ya never know with modern computors.

go to your desktop, right click on my computor, left click properties, click the hardware button at top, then click the device manger button below. Maximise that screen and check to see if you have any yellow question marks. If you do, then you will need to update or install that driver.
regards
CP.

The Following User Says Thank You to CP For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Well it's not just video. It's also certain graphics. For instance I know on nbc.com there are background pics after you click watch episodes and then click on the show. Those don't come up at all. I checked and all my drivers are OK. And to really confuse everything further just for the heck of it I hooked up my other computer which runs Windows 98 and the NBC videos play and the graphics appear too. So I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere or a file/program I need to download that I don't already have. So I am probly more lost after doing that. Very frustrating!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM

Oh, and yes, so far my downloaded videos seem to work just fine.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 PM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 236 Posts
Lightbulb ...

Did you update to service pack 2 w/ XP when you installed it and did you let the machine update automatically? Did you download and update Java? Did you upgrade WMP to WMP 10? It sounds like you are having a problem with explorer; if certain images and video (streaming) do no show up on html pages and you have updated Java and Flash you are having a general problem with explorer. [ FYI, your old win98 PC is going to work the same it did when you unplugged it; the problem is with the software in your new winXP machine not the HTML pages you are visiting...]

If it was a driver problem, which you say it is not, odds are the computer would flat out crash when it attempted to process any file that created a conflict with the OS and drivers for your graphics card, so if you can watch the video independently with no problems, i.e. an avi, wmv, mpeg etc. but not on a web page it is problem with your software.

Solutions:

(1) update to service pack 2 + security updates & WMV update

(2) update Java

(3) for the f*ck of it try using Mozilla instead, odds are this won't fix your problem but I don't know how independently mozilla firefox operates from explorer.

(4) Bite the bullet and call the evil empire and ask them kindly, more soup please j/k. You can call MS tech. support and link your PC to a tech. support rep. and they will diagnose the problem and fix it for you. IF you bought your XP you have 2 free phone calls to them for help, but use them wisely because after that it is like $50+ for tech support (they really bend you over so be forewarned.)

(5) Shareware problem solve: download a program such as TuneUp Utilities 2008 use it for free for 30 days and let an app. try to fix the problem for you ( I recommend TuneUp 2008 cause I use it and feel it gets good results.)

(6) Clean install (run and hide the children!!!) If it was me, and I did all of those things and still got zip I would do a clean install before a gave Microsoft a nickel of my money, but that’s me. There is a strong chance XP just plain out f*cked up when it was installing, it happens, even a MS tech rep. once admitted it to me. If this is the case your dead in the water if you don't do a clean install because the problem is unfixable and the tech rep won't even be able to ID what the hell is going wrong, and even if he/she could there would be nothing that could be done but a clean install. Since it is brand spanking new PC a clean install won't be that much of a ball buster because you haven't really done anything yet, and you should still have all your install disks and drivers so it is just a matter of install time.

Hoped that helped, if you provide more info more solutions will arise

Last edited by eaze187; 05-15-2008 at 05:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eaze187 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Thanked 3,129 Times in 208 Posts
Default mozilla and java

since the thread is about support..

does anyone have issues with java when using Firefox? I find that the browser hangs quite often but IE works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to i_went_poopie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 PM

Thanked 1,602 Times in 102 Posts

No just use IE

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
LikeThatBaby

1m:21s

02-09-2015
LR3

6m:00s

10-07-2021
27z3KsHe 720p