Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 10:40 AM

Thanked 177,234 Times in 18,911 Posts
Default "Corner Gas" ENF/Hidden Nudity Scene

***** VIDEO ON PAGE 2 *****

This Monday's episode of "Corner Gas" is about a nude calendar. Could be good, with Hidden Nudity shots and such. The show airs on CTV. It also airs on Superstation WGN, but I'm not sure if that's new episodes or old. Probably old. I'm kind of jealous now that I can't see this show. It sounds pretty good regardless of the nudity...

edit: They have the show available on their website, but there's some bullshit about "copyright restrictions prevent us from showing you this outside of Canada". What the fuck? Is that a Canadian thing or a world thing? I mean, if someone outside the US tried to watch one of the streaming shows on, say, NBC.com, would they get a similar message?

Anyway, is there any way to get around this, make it look like my internet connection is coming from Canada? I've heard about something called a "proxy" before, but I have no idea what it is or how to use it. Anyone care to explain? Here's the bullshit site: http://primetime.ctvdigital.com/prim...=lineup&id=311

Fango

Last edited by Fango; 10-09-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:30 PM

Thanked 30,610 Times in 4,234 Posts

What happened to open trade across the US-Canadian border? Is Canada levying tariffs on its hidden nudity?

C'mon Canadian brothers, help us out!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fango44 View Post
Anyway, is there any way to get around this, make it look like my internet connection is coming from Canada? I've heard about something called a "proxy" before, but I have no idea what it is or how to use it. Anyone care to explain? Here's the bullshit site: http://primetime.ctvdigital.com/prim...=lineup&id=311
To put in basic terms, when you surf online you broadcast your own address so that the places you visit can route data back to you. This may be a static address that is uniquely you, or your isp may provide you with one from a range every time you log on. Basically, a proxy is a secondary server you connect to that then does your surfing for you. You log onto the proxy, tell it where you want to go, it then connects to your destination, but said destination never sees you, only the proxy. In theory, using a proxy with a Canadian web address should fool the site into accepting the request as originating in Canada. So what you need now is the address of a Canadian based proxy server...

Here's a google search I prepared earlier.

By the by, proxy servers are dicey business and they can have shortcommings. First off, you're adding extra jumps to your trips and they can get hit hard at times, so expect things to be slower than you're used to. Also, they can be hotbeds of ads, pop ups and all sorts of adware and other nasties, be alert. They tend to be movable feasts, especially the free ones. Don't expect a proxy you used yesterday to be in the same place next week, you're better off googling for them than bookmarking. Finally, the enterprise just may not work.

And yes, this copyright issue is exactly what us non-USAsians get faced with trying to stream from somewhere like nbc.com, so I for one am interested in how this pans out. Goodluck.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
To put in basic terms, when you surf online you broadcast your own address so that the places you visit can route data back to you. This may be a static address that is uniquely you, or your isp may provide you with one from a range every time you log on. Basically, a proxy is a secondary server you connect to that then does your surfing for you. You log onto the proxy, tell it where you want to go, it then connects to your destination, but said destination never sees you, only the proxy. In theory, using a proxy with a Canadian web address should fool the site into accepting the request as originating in Canada. So what you need now is the address of a Canadian based proxy server...

Here's a google search I prepared earlier.

By the by, proxy servers are dicey business and they can have shortcommings. First off, you're adding extra jumps to your trips and they can get hit hard at times, so expect things to be slower than you're used to. Also, they can be hotbeds of ads, pop ups and all sorts of adware and other nasties, be alert. They tend to be movable feasts, especially the free ones. Don't expect a proxy you used yesterday to be in the same place next week, you're better off googling for them than bookmarking. Finally, the enterprise just may not work.

And yes, this copyright issue is exactly what us non-USAsians get faced with trying to stream from somewhere like nbc.com, so I for one am interested in how this pans out. Goodluck.
Thanks for all of this info, Rosencrantz. I'll try it out after the Monday airing, or whenever they post the video, and see what happens.

Thanks

Fango
Old 10-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Super Canadian to the rescue

I live in Toronto and happen to have a recently acquired analog converter so I can capture hardware/software. I'll see what I can do.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOTOMAKER View Post
I live in Toronto and happen to have a recently acquired analog converter so I can capture hardware/software. I'll see what I can do.
Sweet! Thanks for stepping up to the plate... or, I dunno, dekeing your way to the crease...? LOL.

Thanks

Fango
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Thanked 1,987 Times in 113 Posts
Default Cbs

I've seen the 'out of country' thing before. My wife has tried to watch previous Survivor episodes from the CBS website, but since we're in Canada, we cannot view it. Oh well - more time for more fun things

Happy Thanksgiving to all the fellow Hosers out there . . .

See my wife's newest pics: https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=145136
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM

Thanked 6,288 Times in 827 Posts

That's crazy. Copyright? I thought that had to do with copying, not viewing. Freedom of seeing should be a right just like freedom of speech. Shame they seem to be taking that away too. I checked WGN and it's an older episode. At least there's a "Super Canadian to the rescue". I wonder how this situation will be affected by the merge of the U.S., Canada and Mexico into the North American Union.
Attached Thumbnails
country_blocked_ctvdigit[1].jpg  
Old 10-08-2007, 08:00 PM

Default It works in reverse too

There's a site called pandora.com that I used to listen to, but was shut out from because I'm Canadian.

I saw a preview this evening. Based on what I saw, and North American broadcasting rules, I'm suspecting it won't be much. But I'll do my best.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOTOMAKER View Post
There's a site called pandora.com that I used to listen to, but was shut out from because I'm Canadian.

I saw a preview this evening. Based on what I saw, and North American broadcasting rules, I'm suspecting it won't be much. But I'll do my best.
Any Hidden Nudity is good Hidden Nudity to me. Even embarrassed shoulders-up shots would be good. Looking forward to whatever you can bring us.

Thanks

Fango

Last edited by Fango; 10-08-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
shi nic yummy01

3m:01s

02-07-2005
Pinar De Rocha Stage Stripping

9m:05s

01-01-2015
BBC 3some

0m:50s

03-07-2019
RPReplay Final1687549416

2m:16s