Our forum has over 12 million
photos, videos and .ZIP files.
uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Old 06-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Default Issues with thumbs and static servers?

Over the past few days I have been having issues with thumbnails not loading, it seems to be getting stuck whilst loading content from either the "static" or "thumbsX" servers, where X is 2, or 3 it seems to be on a round robin dns system?

Is anyone else experiencing this? Im not seeing issues with any other sites.

ReFlexx
Old 06-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,786 Times in 291 Posts

We don't use round robin DNS but our thumbnails and certain small files that do not change often are stored on separate servers.

I've seen this happen randomly, where one thumbnail will not load and page will not be rendered completely until a timeout occurs. Refreshing the page always seems to make the missing thumbnail appear.

If your problem persists, I'd like to know what browser your are using so we can dig a little deeper. Some browsers do have settings that effect concurrent downloads from a single domain. That may relate to this issue.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Hi Alex

When the issue occurs the page will load completely, then try loading the thumbnails, this is where it seems to time out. The reason i wondered about the rrdns is that whilst the page is trying to load the thumbnails I see my browser trying to connect to static.oneclickchicks.com, then thumbs2.oneclickchicks.com then thumbs3.oneclickchicks.com then repeat. Both the thumbs ones at least resolve to the same IP for me, and both seem up when Im seeing the issue.

Im using firefox on Ubuntu. Let me run wireshark in the background and I will try to dig out what is going on as it may well be something here, I just thought I would ask in case there had been any maintenance or anything. Thanks for a quick reply

ReFlexx
Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 AM

For anyone that's interested I will post what the problem was.

After monitoring my wifi connection with wireshark I noticed a whole lot of SYN packets to static.oneclickchicks.com but no SYN/ACK response. To cut a long story short the server is obviously busy and my machine took 2/3 attempts at the TCP handshake with no reponse. My fantastic (cough) Belkin router thought this was a SYN flood attack and blocked the connection, causing the connection to time out. Turns out the Belkin doesnt do stateful inspection and had no concept of inside/outside the network.

Anyway, turned off the DDoS protection thing on the router (they just call it a Firewall - ha) and all is now great again.

Somebody might care, but I thought I should conclude the topic.

ReFlexx
Old 06-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanked 3,531 Times in 236 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexx View Post
. My fantastic (cough) Belkin router thought this was a SYN flood attack and blocked the connection, causing the connection to time out. Turns out the Belkin doesnt do stateful inspection and had no concept of inside/outside the network.

Anyway, turned off the DDoS protection thing on the router (they just call it a Firewall - ha) and all is now great again.

ReFlexx
It was probably the router, but any shades of a flood attack, even a false positive, would send my antenna up; I would do a virus/malware sweep also just to be sure and try to reconfigure your firewall with different settings.

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
YGF OCP 097

3m:14s

03-18-2013
nbv0032

3m:38s

08-13-2012
homemade again

1m:17s

06-01-2006
piring2 Clip 2

2m:22s