uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > Photos > ENF - Embarrassed Nude Females
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Default Challenge: Earliest thong underwear sighting in movies

As far as I can tell, thong panties didn’t go really mainstream until the 1990s. Although they’ve been around much longer, mostly as “special occasion” lingerie and stripper gear, it seems that only in the last 20 years or so would large numbers of women actually wear thongs as daily underwear. In my high school days of the early ‘90s, a girl might wear a thong to prom, but string bikini panties were usually the skimpiest underwear a girl would wear on a daily basis.
Here’s your challenge:

What’s the oldest movie you can find in which a woman on screen is wearing a thong as underwear? Thongs worn by strippers in scenes set in a strip club can be their own separate category.

Here’s my entry: These two extras in the legendary (in ENF circles, anyway) prom scene in Zapped!, which was released on July 23, 1982 (I got the release date from IMDB.com).

Can anyone find a thong earlier? If you can, post a screencap and the release date of the movie. Maybe post the country of origin of the movie, too. I wonder if the Europeans were distinctly earlier or later than the Americans in this regard.
Attached Thumbnails
Thongs-Zapped-1982.jpg  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mastophilus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 05:05 PM

I believe Zapped was my first thong sighting in a movie, and definitely my first and still greatest ENF sighting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf42lover For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 08:52 PM

I remember a British film set in a girls' school from around the same time. Can't remember the title, but distinctly remember a scene where several girls go into the restroom to smoke and pull up their uniform skirts to retrieve the cigarettes from the waistbands of their lacy thong panties. Don't remember anything else about the film, though. I wonder why?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lurkd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 10:01 PM

Default thong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkd View Post
I remember a British film set in a girls' school from around the same time. Can't remember the title, but distinctly remember a scene where several girls go into the restroom to smoke and pull up their uniform skirts to retrieve the cigarettes from the waistbands of their lacy thong panties. Don't remember anything else about the film, though. I wonder why?
they have be around sents the 50 there were call G strings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xwwwwxx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 AM

I found an earlier thong in another movie with a famous ENF scene: Cheryl Rixon getting stripped in "Used Cars". I hadn't noticed it before, but from the pictures on this site of this scene, it's pretty obvious she's wearing a thong.

Used Cars: released 11 July 1980.

Can we now find one in the 70s? Given that Hollywood was working under the Hays Code until 1968, I highly doubt we'll find one in an American movie earlier than that.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   enfusedcarsouttake8.jpg  

scg042710_1610_29.jpg  
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mastophilus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 AM

Thanked 263,651 Times in 15,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastophilus View Post
I found an earlier thong in another movie with a famous ENF scene: Cheryl Rixon getting stripped in "Used Cars". I hadn't noticed it before, but from the pictures on this site of this scene, it's pretty obvious she's wearing a thong.

Used Cars: released 11 July 1980.

Can we now find one in the 70s? Given that Hollywood was working under the Hays Code until 1968, I highly doubt we'll find one in an American movie earlier than that.
You beat me to the Used Cars scene, mastophilus. That was the earliest "thong" scene that I could remember. I do recall reading that Sigourney Weaver was going to wear a G-string in the original Alien (1979), but it was changed to a string bikini (of course, Sigourney wanted to do the scene fully nude!). Xwwwwxx is correct, they were called G-strings, and then I believe T-backs before they were called thongs. I'm just working from memory, but here are a few early thong scenes; I think that some of the girls in The Best Little wh*r*house in Texas (1982) wore thongs during the dance number in which they rip their dresses off. Tawny Kitaen (and the rest of the female cast) wore leather G-strings/thongs in The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of Yik Yak (1984). Barbara Crampton wore sort of a "thong" in From Beyond (1986), but I think the first ACTUAL thong scene in a hollywood movie was 1994's True Lies. Jamie Lee Curtis seems to be the one to blame for this awful fad, because after that film, the damn things went mainstream.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonmol For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 AM

Thanked 263,651 Times in 15,883 Posts

Ok, I think I may have one that pre-dates them all. Jane Fonda, in Barbarella (1968). Strictly speaking, it's not underwear, since she wears it OVER her pantyhose/bodysuit, but hey, it's the year 40,000--deal with it. I couldn't find any photos from the rear, but I'm fairly certian that it IS a thong. The film even has an ENF-ish scene in which Jane's clothes, thong included, are chewed off by mechanical dolls (see below).
Attached Thumbnails
janebarbarellathong.jpg   janebarbarella6.jpg  

janebarbarella2.jpg   janebarbarella1.jpg  

janebarbarellaposter.jpg  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonmol For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM

Default goldie hawn

goldie hawn was the first that struck me - overboard 1987

havent any pics i can post but a qick google will show plenty of evidence
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pridesam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 04:01 AM

Thanked 10,344 Times in 514 Posts
Default 1972

The earliest sighting I can find is a 1972 British film called SUBURBAN WIVES and the actress is Claire Gordon. I don't have a copy but there is a clip on You Tube and her very brief shot is at around 27 seconds. The rest is a summary of the plot. Type in 'Suburban Wives outro' for the clip.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lord lucan For This Useful Post:

Tags
movies, thongs, zapped

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
agb

5m:25s

04-24-2010
HCCR7001

10m:47s

05-01-2022
Wives Acting Out Their Bi Fantasies

2m:19s