Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 AM

Thanked 177,076 Times in 18,891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro the Fisherman View Post
Almost every big drama school (at least the London ones) have a day set aside in year one, where all the students have to act in some nude scene in front of each other.
I'd love to hear more about this. Are these solo scenes? One student naked in front of the whole group at a time?

Fango
Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 AM

Thanked 25,485 Times in 802 Posts

[QUOTE=eedjut;1232351]Those in London may like to get along to the Almeida Theatre before the end of June for the run of ‘Children’s Children’. Emily Berrington strips off her sun dress and stands fully naked twice in the first half. This is her professional debut so there are not many pictures of her around. The best source would be the production photos on the Almeida’s website. Emily is very attractive and on tonight’s performance fully shaven. QUOTE]
Emily will be appearing in a film about striptease impresario Paul Raymond due for release next year. Sounds promising
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 PM

More London theatre nudity to report. The play ‘Mydidae’ at the Soho Theatre concerns a couple and the events that take place in their bathroom over the course of a day. Both members of the cast; Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Keir Charles strip naked and for much of the time they are in a bath together. Unfortunately we get to see rather more of Keir than we do of Phoebe. Phoebe’s visible nudity is brief or was out of my sight line when she was lying in the bath. You might do better by sitting at the higher rear seats as I was in the first row of tiered seats. The play is on at the small Upstairs theatre which holds around 90 people so you are never far from the action and runs till Christmas. Nudity apart the play is well worth seeing for Phoebe’s superb performance although I had some doubts about elements of the story. Also it’s not often you get to see an actress use the lavatory on stage. Top marks too for the sound designer as I’m assuming the noise of peeing was an effect rather than excellent timing by the actress. Before anyone gets over exited I should point out the Phoebe is still dressed at this point and cunningly deploys her knickers to spare her modesty. Picture of Phoebe below.

Over at the Savoy Theatre ‘Cabaret’ is showing. This is the Donmar production that has been in and out of London for several years now. This one stars Will Young and Michelle Ryan. Michelle looks fantastic in her skimpy costumes but I can’t help thinking is miscast. No nudity from Michelle but there is a blink and you’ll miss it breast flash by one of the chorus in one of the early scenes of the backstage at the Cabaret.
Attached Thumbnails
phoebe.jpg  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eedjut For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM

Thanked 5,414 Times in 315 Posts
Default Must try that one out

Cheers for the post.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedjut View Post
More London theatre nudity to report. The play ‘Mydidae’ at the Soho Theatre concerns a couple and the events that take place in their bathroom over the course of a day. Both members of the cast; Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Keir Charles strip naked and for much of the time they are in a bath together. Unfortunately we get to see rather more of Keir than we do of Phoebe. Phoebe’s visible nudity is brief or was out of my sight line when she was lying in the bath. You might do better by sitting at the higher rear seats as I was in the first row of tiered seats. The play is on at the small Upstairs theatre which holds around 90 people so you are never far from the action and runs till Christmas. Nudity apart the play is well worth seeing for Phoebe’s superb performance although I had some doubts about elements of the story. Also it’s not often you get to see an actress use the lavatory on stage. Top marks too for the sound designer as I’m assuming the noise of peeing was an effect rather than excellent timing by the actress. Before anyone gets over exited I should point out the Phoebe is still dressed at this point and cunningly deploys her knickers to spare her modesty. Picture of Phoebe below.
Thanks for the review. Is Phoebe ever seen full frontal nude?

There is topless nudity in Julius Caesar at the Donmar Warehouse.
The Following User Says Thank You to nml For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Our man at the nudist beach

Thanked 148,297 Times in 3,811 Posts

The Master and Margarita at London's Barbican is almost a sell out, but worth going along if you can...

Quote:
Sinéad Matthews's Margarita, bravely naked for much of the second half, also conveys the inherent goodness of the devoted muse.
I'm hoping to see it when I am in London, so I'll report back if I do. I will not risk taking along my video cam, so don't ask!
Attached Thumbnails
The-Master-and-Margarita-006.jpg   sinead-matthews-8693.jpg  

Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 PM

EDIT.....Sorry, a change of cast for the current show has Susan Lynch in the role that requires her to be nude for over an hour of the play.
Attached Thumbnails
susan-lynch.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Thanks Pedro. Speaking of the Barbican you might like to check out ‘Splat!’ by the ‘The Famous Lauren Barri Holstein’ in early April. The Barbican site is warning “Age guidance 18+ (contains explicit adult content and nudity)” but many years theatre going has taught me that nudity warnings are often only put up for male nudity. So while I’m nervous of recommending shows I’ve not seen myself a scoot round her web presence certainly has me booking a ticket. Search out ‘The Famous Lauren Barri Holstein’ on Vimeo and check out some of the vids. In particular ‘How to become a cup cake’ or some of the ‘Lady Love’ clips.
The Following User Says Thank You to eedjut For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM

I saw the Master and Margarita this week and the nude scenes were pretty spectacular and quite long. At the start of the second half, Susan Lynch (as Margarita) strips 100% naked and applies a magic cream at the front of the stage under full spotlight lighting. This cream makes her 'invisible' and allows her to fly, the flying is her being carried around (nude) by four lucky male members of the cast, who are fully clothed. Luckily, we still see her as she spends the next 20 minutes wearing no more than platform shoes and a gold chain....at most.

Some great effects in this show and Susan still has a super body, small breasts and wide (ish) hips with a slightly trimmed bush. There are FF vids from a nude scene she did in a film about, nowadays, she trims her bush a little more than these clips!

The show goes on tour in Europe this year, see it if you can!

Last edited by Pedro the Fisherman; 01-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pedro the Fisherman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM

More London stage nudity to report.

‘Mydidae’ as reported previously at the Soho Theatre has returned for a short run at the Trafalgar Studios just of Trafalgar square.

There is spectacular nudity at ‘In the beginning was the end’ at Somerset House on the Strand. This is not a normal theatre setting but a ‘promenade’ production round and under the building. If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like if you were in the office and everyone took all their clothes off this is your chance to find out. Actually for my office it would be pretty horrific but luckily this office had a young and attractive team on the night I visited. There are plenty of other good things including some less than useful robots, one really massive robot, dark basements, goldfish, a man with a lemon and a splendid array of late seventies and early eighties electronic test equipment. In fact pretty much all you need for a really good night out. If you do get a ticket make sure you stay on the spiral staircase for at least one cycle of the nudity.

Getting rave reviews at the Hammersmith Riverside Studios is ‘Mies Julie’. This is a South African version of August Strindberg’s ‘Miss Julie’. The website warns “strong adult themes and nudity”. I’m wondering if anyone has seen this either at the run in Edinburgh, New York or elsewhere and can advise on the nudity. I’ve seen straight versions of ‘Miss Julie’ and other updates but never really enjoyed them so was wondering whether it was worth investing in a ticket.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eedjut For This Useful Post:

Tags
performance art, stage

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
hot bate 1

3m:00s

08-27-2008
dr07 0019 02

3m:04s

07-27-2009
Movie317

1m:52s