Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 06:25 PM

Thanked 176,391 Times in 18,850 Posts
Default Helpful Tips for New Posters - UPDATED 9/10/2005

Well, the new "Vids for Contributions" system has turned One Click Chicks from a pleasant board to something more like "OCC in Crisis: Day 1". Mainstream movie clips, professional photos, watermarked everything... Boy, it just takes the threat of something being taken away to bring out the best in everyone, doesn't it? Here are some tips:

1. Read the **** rules!!! Before you post, take a minute to read the guidelines of the board. This saves Alex a ton of work (and, judging by what I've seen today, he's had to do a ton of a work.) and saves users from wading through piles of posts that have had to have their content removed.

2. Post things in the right section. I have seen both hardcore and exhibitionist stuff in the Sexy Amateurs section, ENF stuff in every place except the ENF section, etc. If you post things in the correct section (it's not too difficult to figure out which section is for what. Descriptions are placed underneath each forum heading), this also saves Alex from having to move things where they belong.

3. Try not to post reposts. If you even think most of us have seen it before, don't even bother posting it. Reposts aren't going to help you access the videos faster and they are just annoying for the rest of us. I have seen the same blonde girl (maybe some of you know which one I'm talking about) in at least 3 different posts, all dedicated to her, over the past few days. If you meant to add pictures of her, you simply should have replied to the original post instead of starting a new one. Besides, she was already posted months ago anyway.

4. Post vidcaps. Please, please, please, if you are posting a video, post vid caps with it. As said in other fine posts today, vidcaps really should be mandatory. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you shouldn't even bother posting your vids if you aren't also going to make caps. This helps those (read: me) on 56K modems know what they are downloading and saves peolpe from downloading reposts and things they aren't interested in. At the very least, if you aren't going to make caps, write a detailed description. "Webcam girl" isn't going to cut it, and only makes me want to close your post and ignore you.

5. Don't waste your time. Don't post thumbnails, don't post at Imageshack and link here (that's what the Manage Attachments feature is for), in short, make things easier on yourself. Don't make seperate posts with only 1 or 3 pictures. You can attach up to 10 pictures for a single post and then reply to that post to continue. This saves everyone involved much time.

6. Don't post just to get the vids. It's alright if that's your intention and you make good posts. But if you just make 5 crap posts, it: A. Doesn't look good and B. Annoys the heck out of the serious members who provide you with what you will proceed to download. There are plenty of other sites to get free stuff. There is a reason that OCC is so quality. Please don't foul it up for your own purposes (We know who you are...)

Some of these tips are directed towards specific members and posts that I've seen today. What's most surprising is that some lurkers who have been around since February (!) are the ones who are making the most mistakes. It's understandable for those who are new here, but long-time lurkers should know better.

Hope this helps.

Update: As you can tell, this post, while still helpful for the board today, has many references to the goings on of late January 2005. Just to clarify.

More importantly, I would like to add this articulate and eloquent "tip" by WidowMaker47, on how and when to post replys to posts you like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowMaker47
Yeah, you know what, I think you're right about this. Its not just [him] though, because somebody else did this just last week in about 30 threads, so we shouldn't single [him] out. But its very frustrating to see new activity in all these different threads, only to click on them and see its just the same person saying "cool thx" over and over again.

I mean its like a Catch-22. On one hand its nice to see the people who contribute to threads getting some appreciation... so you don't want to snap at somebody just for being polite and appreciative. But on the other hand, posting thank you's all at once in so many different threads is overkill. A "cool thx" doesn't really add anything to a thread, and it only really serves to get people's hopes up, thinking there are new pictures in a great thread only to be disappointed when they see nothing added at all. A handful of thank you's here and there is fine, but don't overdo it.
This is all just my opinion though. I'm in no way any kind of authority, and anyone else is free to disagree with me.
Fango

Last edited by Fango; 09-10-2005 at 08:50 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fango For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 PM

Thanked 4,768 Times in 568 Posts

Fango, I couldn't have said it better myself. The blitz of posting . . . scratch that . . . bad posting that has plagued every forum on the board has made my eyes just glaze over and has my hands reaching for the rum. It is great that more people are wanting to contribute as it shows how much they value the board, but, these past two days have been a little ridiculous with re-posts (4 thread with the same Anna K pics and 3 with the same Kirsten Dunst pics), posts in the wrong forums, pro-posts, watermarked posts, the gajillion "great post" posts etc... I really feel bad for poor Alex.

That said, OCC still has the best community around with very few of the negative comments and in-fights between members that plague other boards. It'll all work out in the end, but right now I'm off to make a run to the liquor store.

Arrrrgggggh@!#$!@! This is just embarrassing. Oil. 2007-2014 ... but wait.... Connor McD!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stony For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2005, 08:15 PM

Thanked 4,768 Times in 568 Posts

By the way, to all the new posters, don't take my comments above as a blanket-slam against all of you. There have been many great posts over the past 24-plus hours.

Arrrrgggggh@!#$!@! This is just embarrassing. Oil. 2007-2014 ... but wait.... Connor McD!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stony For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 PM

I hope everyone reads this thread.. This thread really needs to be a "sticky".. A tip on the repost problem. If you people think you may be reposting, use the search option and type in the title of your vid. Thats the easiest way to find out if you have a repost..
I've been a member for a long time now and I'm just used to Alex capping all my vids for me(ThankYou Alex)... Now it looks as though I'll have to cap all the vids myself... I think its a great idea for a vidcap to be mandatory, OCC should really look into that... I can't believe the number of uncapped post, Alex is going to be swamped if he decides to try to get vidcaps for all those post...
For all you who think posting just 5 crappy vids will get you in, don't be surprised when you don't.. The quality of the vids is a big part of your acceptence here into the OCC family...
You guys were concerned on people posting content in the wrong places.. This weekend all those people who couldn't access the Video section had to post their 5 crappy videos in the other sections just so they can have access to the videos.. I think that problem has been solved. I don't think people will be posting in the wrong sections anymore...The best advise any of us can give is READ THE RULES before you do anything.... See you on the boards Fango and Stony... Great Post...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to syco1uc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2005, 11:44 PM
OCC Staff

Thanked 5,416 Times in 865 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to write this post.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 AM

Thanked 9,078 Times in 464 Posts

I do have to agree that the posting situation is kinda bad right now.
There are many watermarks and reposts.
I think Alex does a great job with this site. And everything will work it self out.
For now Il'l ask Stoney for a drink.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dweeb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2005, 09:03 PM

Thanked 3,901 Times in 403 Posts

Personally, I'm going to wait out the posting madness before making more
contributions. Right now its like an "all you can eat" buffet sale at the local
diner, a load of dogfood with an occasional piece of prime rib hidden in the
middle. Once the new rules kick in, I'll resume posting. Always WITH caps.

Alex, I don't envy the task you've set for yourself. Many thanks for everything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to solarking For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 PM

Thanked 23,285 Times in 2,667 Posts
Default A few more if I may....

If I can add to fango's points

A detailed title is always helpful but Alex has this wonderful little feature where you hover on the post title and the first few lines of the post pops up. Make your detailed description right at the top of your post. No 'hope this is new' just get to it!

My other feeling is if you are posting multiple vids of similar subject matter use the same thread. Your title will tell people what to expect of your vids, and you will keep other posts from being pushed off the front page.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lotfw For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Great tips, thanks, i'll bare that in mind, and i'm looking forawrd to sticking around!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sane123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2005, 03:18 PM

Thanked 22,417 Times in 2,226 Posts
Default well said.

Theres not much left for me to say on here now, other than, i hope a lot of members read this thread.
I have never been a member of a site that is as freindly and helpful as OCC. And the content is 2nd to none.
big thanx to fango and stony, for the start of this thread and also a big thanx to every member @ OCC.
Alex and everyone that has had a part of making OCC deserves a pat on the back and so do all the posters.
regards
CP.

PS, if i missed out anyone, a thankyou to you aswell
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CP For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
Big P plays 1

1m:20s

04-27-2022
OC01 Opening Credits

4m:59s

10-04-2008