Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > Erotic Stories > Fiction
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torretxt View Post
People are used to going there and using it. There are thousands of members that can add their input already in place as well as those who follow you here and at ASN. All of the alternative places require some learning how to navigate or require pre-approval (delaying chapter additions which may or may not be a good thing.)
Torretxt, you're right that writing.com has more traffic for like minded folks, but I think the creative freedom chyoa.com provides could persuade others to join.

As far as slowing the process by having things pre-approved, chyoa.com only has to approve the initial creation of the story. It just helps of you write a couple chapters to let the admins know what you're writing about. After that, you can set it up so new chapters are automatically approved and posted. You still have control over the chapters so you can edit or delete them if needed, and authors can edit or delete a chapter they created.

I swear I don't work for them, but I just love the versatility and freedom of the site. Since you can add as many chapters as you want, you can have infinite possibilities instead of writing.com eventually limiting a chapter to two choices unless you pay. There's also no need for chapters labelled "other" or "author's choice".

In the end, it's up to you, Splotch. I just want to let you know what options you have.

Last edited by ewong247; 12-22-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:14 PM

Default I see your point

Ewong, I appreciate your point and would never presume to debate the issue with someone of your writing prowess. I wasn't necessarily trashing any other site including your recommendation. I guess my point was that the limitations of writing.com didn't hinder Splotch's story from gathering . . . how many hundred chapters was it Splotch? A hell of a lot I think - several, several hundreds.

For any story to achieve THAT many postings - not all from Splotch - has to appear in a place where there is a huge following and people can readily find it and feel comfortable using the site. Why mess with what was obviously working - very well indeed from the popularity of the postings over such a long time. It would be still gathering chapters if the author hadn't killed it. (Sorry Splotch - nothing personal - just saying the story didn't die because of anything Writing.com did. )

In any case - the real point is that Splotch needs to decide to resurrect the story. I feel HE needs to be the one to do this as it really is HIS story - everyone knows it is so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torretxt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2015, 02:49 PM

Thanked 3,253 Times in 395 Posts

https://chyoa.com/story/LAUREN'S-LITTLE-SECRET.8050

Here it is: A new interactive small breast ENF story! Thanks for your thoughts, but I actually started working on this before I even saw the debate between writing.com and chyoa.com Part of my goal is to reach a new audience and I think a new sight will be perfect!

Also, just to clarify, this is not a remake. Though similar, it's a different story. I don't want to be limited like that, plus nothing to hide kind of ran it's course. It's fine if this story goes in similar directions but as a whole I'm excited to make something new! That's part of the motivation for the new site as well. I'm excited to see how the story will work out with moderator controls and unlimited open chapters!

So please, check it out, feel free to add! There's only a few chapters so far but I'll probably add more today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SPLOTCH11 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2015, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLOTCH11 View Post
I know my decision to erase 'Nothing to Hide' off of writing.com upset a lot of people, myself largely included. This also made showed how unreliable I am. But, There's a definite gap or hole in ENF style fiction right now. Do people think that another writing.com like writing.com would be a worthwhile project, or is writing.com pretty much abandoned? If people are down mention it here. If someone else wants to start the project so I won't have run of it (or the ability to hastily delete it) comment here, or just start it, whatever!
I've noticed the same gap and while I do believe your deletion set us in all directions (there's two new writers on Writing.com, maybe we should give them an invite here?). The ENF/CMNF writers we mainly read, are well, here. That's not to say a bad thing, but it shows we're a fairly small group. What is there, five or six of us? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with any of the writers, I enjoy seeing a contribution from anyone who posts here, but there's simply not enough of us. How can we go about inspiring the next generation of perverts who want to see women disrobed in less than ideal situations?

A problem I'm seeing is there's a lack of a medium for us to really go at. Writing.com is alright, I prefer it (they even let you put AdBlock back on!), but they've also stolen our ability to create new Interactives without paying first. I've been having many, many ideas and have been writing them solo, even tried to convert some of my popular stories into Interactives, but no such luck. There's many stories, but they're stale or the site we're trying to put them on simply isn't user friendly. Me, personally, write as a hobby and don't entirely feel like going to jumps and hoops to find where I can contribute and only be confronted with a codex to learn so I might begin to contribute.

Also, I'd wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. You did nothing wrong. I myself have had the urge to wipe it all away many times, and while I'll certainly miss Vanessa and her adventures, at the end of the day, it doesn't much matter. You're still here and you're a valuable writer; I think if we kept the story and lost you, it wouldn't be the same. Hell, you were the one updating the story half the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seuern For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2015, 04:42 PM

Thanked 3,253 Times in 395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLOTCH11 View Post
https://chyoa.com/story/LAUREN'S-LITTLE-SECRET.8050

Here it is: A new interactive small breast ENF story! Thanks for your thoughts, but I actually started working on this before I even saw the debate between writing.com and chyoa.com Part of my goal is to reach a new audience and I think a new sight will be perfect!

Also, just to clarify, this is not a remake. Though similar, it's a different story. I don't want to be limited like that, plus nothing to hide kind of ran it's course. It's fine if this story goes in similar directions but as a whole I'm excited to make something new! That's part of the motivation for the new site as well. I'm excited to see how the story will work out with moderator controls and unlimited open chapters!

So please, check it out, feel free to add! There's only a few chapters so far but I'll probably add more today.

Already the response to the new story has been awesome! I'm very happy with the move. Check out the stuff that's been developing, lots of open chapters to be filled!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPLOTCH11 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 01:44 PM

Teraton also created a new interactive:

http://www.writing.com/main/interact...i-Fi-Stripping

Lot's of potential.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelten For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 11:23 AM

Wink new chapter

I added a new chapter at the interactive story ( writing.com ) "Yuki's Horrible Day''. Enjoy!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:10 PM

Have to admit, not a huge fan of the Chyoa overhaul. It was a lot easier before finding out which stories had been added to.

My apologies Ewong, I didn't realise you had chapters pending approval on Chubby Ditz. I've given them the okay today. I'll see if there's a way for me to automatically approve in future.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anonegg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonegg View Post
Have to admit, not a huge fan of the Chyoa overhaul. It was a lot easier before finding out which stories had been added to.

My apologies Ewong, I didn't realise you had chapters pending approval on Chubby Ditz. I've given them the okay today. I'll see if there's a way for me to automatically approve in future.
I wasn't a fan at first either, but once you figure out how to find things, it gets easier. Chapters needing approval should have a notification, so if you don't have that set up, go to the "notification settings" for that. At first I thought that would end up cluttering my notifications list, but so far it's been manageable.

I can't tell you how long it took me to finally figure out how to add tags to my chapters!

However, I still like chyoa.com more than writing.com right now. The interface takes a little getting used to, but adding chapters is so easy, and it has the same functionality as writing.com without all the limits and pay walls.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:50 PM

I've added two stories to cyoa now, and while I haven't done too much in the way of building them up and I'm still getting used to exactly how the site works... I have to say I like it. Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is not needing to come up with chapter choices for every new addition, leaving that to whoever chooses to actually add something. It allows for much more freedom in my opinion, and there doesn't seem to be a limit to options that can be added to a chapter. Or at the very least it's a very generous limit.

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
LebanonHomeMade2 02

2m:06s

01-30-2005
Half naked drunk birthday dare

3m:59s

05-04-2012
6adabbb1

2m:29s

12-08-2019
Spring Break Compilation Parte 3

1m:33s