View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Our man at the nudist beach

Thanked 147,850 Times in 3,809 Posts

I may have mentioned this before, but here goes (again?)............

In a time long ago (1979), your exalted beach snapper (me) saw the video posted here, made by the BBC's Horizon programme. At the time I was a very young air force trainee and missed the end of the show, due to the demands of night flying training!! I saw that young lady in the third shot and fell 'in love', hoping to see her appear naked later in the show. As I missed the last bit, I was told on my return (by my roomates) that she did indeed get naked and full frontal at that! For 30 years (it was never repeated), I thought it was a wind up. I got my hands on the video, through the wonderful internet last year, and there she was, in all her cuddly naked glory! Odd to think that in the time in-between, we had become almost 'elderly'!! She must be well over 50 odd now.

Moving on to 1981, now with a 17 year old girlfriend in tow, I embark on my first vacation abroad (I had been overseas many times by then, but not a vacation organised by myself) via a 24 hour coach journey to France....in a tent!

We were staying at a campsite at the village of Marseillan Plage (which, suprise, suprise) is right next door to Cap D'Agde. I can at least read a map, when planning things!

I was delighted that on the first day there, my young lady discarded her top within a few minutes of arrival on the campsite beach. That afternoon, I made casual mention of what was about 1000 metres along the beach....a naked city! To make my holiday get off to a great start, she said 'let's go and explore that part of the beach first thing tomorrow, I would like to see a naked city'.
We got up bright and early and started walking west, towards the distant concrete apartments that are so famous now. After about 10 minutes walking, a fully naked woman came jogging past us, stopped just beyond us, and turned round and ran back past us again. We then saw the sign (facing towards Cap D'Agde) Nudite Interdie (or something like that) and realised we were on the 'nude beach' with almost nobody else around. We continued walking a little more, the closer we got, the more nudes we started to see.

'Do we have to undress?' my young friend asked, I said 'I don't think it is compulsary, but I am not sure'. Let's not go any further, but let's go back and get our beach stuff and come back when there are more people about. Perhaps we can set up on the border of the clothed and nudie beaches.

We returned, complete with sun-tan lotion, towels and all the usual stuff about an hour later. As we reached the sign, we realised that where the beach had been empty, it was now almost black with people, thousands of them (it was late July) and all totally naked. 'Time for a drink', I said and we walked to a beach cafe, situated at the back of the beach, almost actually on the border of the nude zone. Most customers were wearing swimwear, but from time to time, someone would come in to buy water or some take away food, fully naked.

'Do you fancy trying this nudism thing, then' I eventually say, after a few minutes of wondering how to get things 'moving'. She replied 'if we can find a group of people our own sort of age, I am up for it, I do not want to spend a day at the beach with a load of old men looking at me totally bloody naked'. Well, I said, 'just along the beach, there are several families that have a real mix of ages, from toddlers up to late middle age, how about joining the edge of that group?'

We set out across the sand, but realised to reach our proposed area, it would be easier to walk to the water's edge, due to the soft (and now very hot) sand. On reaching the water, we realised we were now looking a little conspicuous in our swimware. My friend took her top off without a word from me, and with a very cheeky grin dropped her bikini bottoms to her ankles and kicked them up and caught them in a single deft movement, that I can still see today. For me, that was the real initiation into the world of naturism, a place I have hardly left since and the reason for living where I do.

We spent almost every day of the next 10 days there, we took photos of each other (with old film cameras), my shot of her, she was wearing a loose top (but was naked below), as she had got herself sunburnt quite badly on one breast! and I was a bit concerned about having the photos developed. I still have it now, but will not post it here, some things are sacred!!!!

On our post holiday meeting back in the UK, she brings out her photos (that had already been around her old school friends) and I find to my horror, that she did not worry about the film developer's thoughts, she actually went out of her way to include 'all' of me in her photos.

As with many 'young loves' we split up when she went to college later that year.

I was in touch with her via the net (she now lives overseas too) quite recently after a gap of 30 years and she asked.....do you still visit nude beaches then?

Just a bit, said I!!

She is still promising to find those old photos in the attic one and scan them for me one day. They will be something from my youth to look back on, as now I have become one of the 'Old men' that would do their utmost (on your behalf) to look at and hopefully record for OCC, young ladies like her on the nudist beach!