View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susansusan View Post
Bloody Hell, this is considered news?

In the UK and Europe mixed dorms etc have been normally for ages- although, of course, wash facilities are private and lockable.

Gender seperate dorms would, indeed, be considered very unusual these days- probably there are some for women only on request, but as a rule, it's all mixed now.
Yea, most colleges I have been to are pretty strict about seperating guys and girls. I guess being 18-19 years old means you can vote and die for your country, but you better not be trying to fornicate lol. In the US most dorms have a RA (resident's assistant) who is essentially a student that tells on you if you try to drink/smoke/have fun in the dorms.

I'm not surprised that Europe is more laid back on the issue, considering it's also normal to see nudity on regular television there. If you read the article from my link, it seems that one of the main reasons that these colleges are changing the rules is to protect homosexual students. But whatever their reasoning, I'm glad to see it happening. Now if I could just go back to college...