View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 03:57 PM

I've been meaning to write this for a while, but sometimes I see complaints on this forum about female actors in the shows you see not getting naked and being almost outraged that they didn't with everything to "it's required by the script" to "it's the only reason why I went".

It's really annoying from my perspective as, 1, nobody has to get naked just cause you want them to; 2, the script is not set in stone and changes can (and often do) get made by the creative team involved with the production; and 3, if the only reason you're going to see a show is for the nudity (with the exception of shows where that is the whole point of them) then spend your money on something else like a burlesque night.

I go to the theatre to see the show, and if there's some nudity in it then great. I might even go to see a show because it has nudity in, but I wouldn't go to a show that I would otherwise be board out of my mind watching just because of a chance that a woman gets her kit off in it! I applaud the actors that get naked for whatever reason (artistic, liberation, exhibitionism) but I'd never expect them to just because someone in that role has before.

Rant over!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluecu For This Useful Post: