View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 02:59 PM

Thanked 14,635 Times in 1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklein View Post
Unfortunately, I think you are completely wrong.
Prudery is on the rise everywhere.
It gets more and more accepted to demand that females have to stay "modest", nearly everytime a video with nudity appears on youtube, there is hate and sl*t-shaming in the comments.
In addition, youtube is more strict in their nude philosophy now, so more videos are taken down.
There were less naked females in the roskilde shower than in previous years (i think there wasn't a full nude one at all)
Nearly all the big UK music festivals banned boobs off their screens by now.
There is less nudity on beaches than before and nudity is allowed on less beaches.
Last year there was an report about the famous English Garden in Munich which stated that all the nudes have disappeared.
And so on and on.
At the risk of getting in trouble for extending this discussion, I want to say that your definition of Prudishness is an 'all or nothing' statement. I don't think you are disagreeing with me, just that you are describing your perceived decrease in 'total nudity'. Other contributors have pointed out how that analysis may be wrong and limited only to the specific situations you describe; however, my point was about the gradual acceptance of baring more flesh throughout our culture. Female nudism may be less prevalent and topless sunbathing in Europe may be decreasing, but I think that is temporary.
In the last 20 years, we've seen the adoption of thong or semi thong underwear almost universal among women under 40. And now girls are baring more skin in their swim suits - with what seems like 10-20% of the girls on California and Florida beaches wearing thong bottoms; and more than 50% in Hawaii (all my personal observation). Also, music festivals have many many girls wearing thong bottoms and nipple pasties under see through clothes. Additionally, there are a lot of i-gram posts of groups of girls going nude or bottomless in nature. I've posted many pictures in the I-gram thread of girls in thongs - I've selected girls from colleges across the country for these pictures. They aren't hard to find. Girls are openly baring their asses in very revealing thongs on their social media accounts. Females at events with total nudity may be reluctant to have their pictures taken, but younger females are posing and posting bare or thong covered ass pictures with increasing frequency.
While there may be fewer incidents of total nudity in organized public situations, the general female population seems to be moving toward a broader acceptance of clothes that bare more and more skin. My point was that I believe that thong bottoms on beaches and pools will soon be over 50% everywhere and the next move will likely be a continuation of the 'free the nipple' movement. I stand by my conclusion that females everywhere seem to be more and more comfortable baring skin in public. This may seem like a slow start and not much progress, but looking back to the progress made in the last 20 years, I'm still confident that future females will continue to get bolder and bolder and will keep baring more skin.

Last edited by retrac55; 07-15-2018 at 03:06 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retrac55 For This Useful Post: