View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 12:20 AM

Thanked 4,137 Times in 417 Posts
Default expectation v reality

A mate and I were traveling (just before booking a hotel on the internet was popular) and ended up staying overnight at a nice golf resort on the top of a small mountain. We'd been doing a fair bit of walking up until this point and decided to get in-room massages. Most of the people staying at the resort were rich, older Japanese men, so we figured that the massagers would be younger women (Masseuses). Honestly, that wasn't a wrong expectation considering it was Japan (sure it was several decades before us, but the bath house scene with James Bond in You Only Live Twice really did sum it up perfectly).

Anyway... To give you some insight, my mate and I were both young, fit blokes who hit the bullseye in what Japanese lasses looked for in Western men. It also helped that we both worked in the entertainment industry at that time and knew how to entertain women as that was pretty much our job.

We booked the massages and then started to talk about what we were expecting. Up until this point on the trip we'd done some nanpa (picked up women off the street) and also flirted with quite a few women on buses and trains. The nanpa led to sexual shenanigans and we were offered a threesome from the girl we met on the bus, but we turned that down for some reason that escapes me now. Oh the folly of youth! It was probably the fact that we were quite fussy.

So here we were talking about our angle with the lasses that were going to massage us and how we might get them to come out for a drive around the countryside with us later in the evening and then maybe stop at a park and do some fireworks (we bought fireworks at the local supermarket as it was summer and it's a great pick up tool). We had actually worked ourselves up to expect some real fun for the night and then when the knock on the door came, we jumped up off our beds in anticipation and opened the door only to be greeted by...

A old man (probably mid 60s) and a blind, middle aged man! haha.

We were speechless. The trip so far had been one great adventure after another and now with this, it had come to a screeching halt.

We got the massages and they were fine, but our expectations had totally ruined the evening. We were deflated unlike at any other time in our travels, but had a good laugh about it. Had we known Japanese culture better, we would have known that there is no way that young women would be coming to our room to give massages! That it's nearly always, older men, blind people or older women.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Duran Duran For This Useful Post: