View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 11:27 AM

Thanked 2,997 Times in 382 Posts
Default One and a Near Miss

Like many of these stories, a surplus of beverages was clearly to blame... [to paraphrase a certain song] Late one Saturday night in college the beer goggles were firmly in place and this girl I had never really spoken to very much but knew generally as a peripheral member of one of the social groups I hung out with seemed to be constantly in my vicinity. One thing led to another and I was back at her suite she shared with a couple other girls, each with their own bedroom. We started fooling around pretty heavily in the main room, as in pants undone and hands exploring, when her roommates burst in. Fortunately the lights were really low, and we pulled ourselves together and moved to her bedroom to continue. Things progessed rather unremarkably, and at some point in the wee hours of the night I found myself stumbling back to my apartment through the snow and near 0* F temps deeply regretting what had happened. [In my book the walk of shame does not officially start until the sky starts to get light.] I had a pretty serious GF who was in school 250+ miles away so it had been a while since there had been any female contact I rationalized. In the bright light of day things looked no better. For the next couple weeks this girl seemed to always be next to me with her "puppydog" eyes wanting to get together again. I had hoped she would get the message, but eventually had to tell her while she was a great girl, I had a serious GF in another state and that evening was a mistake.

Another year, a different school in a different state in a much warmer clime, the girl was a complete stranger late one night at a party. For some reason which escapes me to this day, I thought it was a good idea to take this girl in my car back to her apartment for some night moves, another song of the same vintage. Fortunately this time, the fog of beer lifted sufficiently - probably aided by the fact that this girl had the absolute worst breath [who knows what she had been doing previously ] and I removed myself from her place before there was any real contact. That was the closest near miss, and one that probably saved a trip to the health clinic...
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Omega88 For This Useful Post: