View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:10 AM

Thanked 1,982 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome72141 View Post
There was a guy that I was upset saw my wife breastfeeding once. My wife was very selective and never let anyone see anyway, but this guy sorta talked her into it, which would normally be okay (we all know that I do it; I can't be a hypocrite), but I think he was total creepster about it. Anyway, she did nurse in front of him and let him see, and it was a normal day at the moment for the most part.

But two years later when his own wife had a kid, he would get so upset if anyone saw her nursing (I've actually mentioned this dude in other posts). I reminded him how he literally begged my wife to let him see (this seems so juvenile writing this out, but we were very young and new parents at the time), and he said he didn't care. That is when I got upset that he had seen my wife.

Joke was on him, though, because prior to this even happening, I had already seen his wife nursing, and completely topless to boot, and she continued to do so whenever he wasn't around (I wrote about the other side of this same story years ago in another thread). I think she was petrified that I would tell him I saw her anyway, but I promised I would never say anything.

Being 40s now it seems crazy to even care who sees who breastfeeding, but back when we were early parents, it was always the stressful topic going places...how would one nurse, is it okay if they see? Will they judge? Should one even go? Etc. Really silly now, though.
Attitudes to breastfeeding have changed fast over my lifetime. My first partner was never shy about getting her kit off before her pregnancy, but would never dreamt of breastfeeding our daughter in front of other people.

Over a decade later, my current wife and her friends almost seemed to regard getting their boobs out in public when breastfeeding as a badge of honour. Maybe, they were proud to

I did feel uncomfortable with this once in a Portuguese restaurant when the waiters were obviously looking at her tits. Eventually, one aggressively said to her "he's far too old far for that". She replied that our son was only nine months old. He angrily muttered something about him looking older than that and stormed off. What really got under my skin was their hypocrisy in condemning her after they'd oggled at her. It was a ridiculous attitude as they could have seen far more on the nearby beaches.

Last edited by winston optic beer; 09-18-2018 at 05:23 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to winston optic beer For This Useful Post: