View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:54 AM

Thanked 12,174 Times in 453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoJames View Post
I've a theory that if 'the world' got to experience a naturist beach first hand, 'the world' would marvel at how wonderful it feels to swim without a costume or sunbathe naked and would immediately turn naturist. It's only the lack of officially sanctioned naturist beaches that's stopping it happening.
I've seen that theory manifested on the beaches of France while I was growing up.
When I was a small kid beach nudity was mostly a German/Danish/Swede thing. Nudity was a "thing" in their countries and they would come from their respective homes in the summer; and since there was no law against nudity on our beaches, they would get naked there (nudity was not illegal.)

Eventually the French started doing it too. And it took on like a wildfire. Women started trying going topless and/or nude; and then never looked back. There was a "well everyone is doing it; so why not me?" mindset going on. And as a result most women started going topless or nude while vacationing. Even my prudish Mom got caught up in the wave and started going topless at the beach. Most of my classmates went topless at the public pool. So in the summer I got to see everyone's tits.
It proved that once nudity becomes legal and safe; and people try it, they get hooked.

That would never happen in the US. But it could. I've talked to many women about nudism over the years; and many have stated that they would probably go topless or nude at the beach if it was a common thing.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nudony For This Useful Post: