View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkmaster22 View Post
Nice. Though to be honest, that whole bit seemed unnecessary to this episode and frankly was wasted, if you miss them mentioning the holographic clothes, you'd never know they had them, and with the exception of the scene with Clara's family (another part that just seemed stapled to the story to make it a Christmas episode), it didn't cause any real problems for them. I think the concept should have been saved for another episode, maybe a nudist planet where everyone has to use the holographic clothes and some alien force uses it to take control of people (now that would have been a great episode to watch).
Yeah, I kind of got the impression the holo clothes and the family bit was tacked on to fill out the run time, or Matt Smith was insistent about wanting to be naked and Moffat just ran with it.

Quote:
To get back on the subject at hand, it would have fun to have Clara experience a embarrassing moment and while I never found it necessary for any female character in the doctor who franchise to show some skin since most of them were written well enough that they never had to use their looks as a selling point for the series (although the thought of Freema Agyeman naked under David Tennant's overcoat in season 4 did score her few points with me), at least one shot of her wouldn't have hurt. They just did one for Smith like they did with Tennant, though it was probably meant just to taunt female audiences by being the first last and only scene, and don't even get me started on how many they've done for Barrowman in Torchwood.
The New Series has focused on the female demographic a biut more than the male, that's for sure. Though I'm wondering if Peter Capaldi's introduction might result in a bit of a shift since all the young girls are complaining about the old guy playing the Doctor. Though I suspect we might end up with a male companion to go along with Clara.