View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 12:52 PM

Thanked 99,001 Times in 3,831 Posts
Default Advanced version of Manage Attachments not working in Chrome

For the past couple of weeks, when I open the window for Manage Attachments [Advanced version] in my Chrome browser, the "Select Files to Upload" button is missing, as well as everything else between it and the Attachment Key.

Here is the window in my Chrome browser:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manage Attachments [Advanced version] - Chrome.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	9808300

And here is the same window in Internet Explorer:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manage Attachments [Advanced] - IE.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	9808301

I kept thinking someone must have made some change in the forum settings which led to this problem, and it will be noticed and get reported and fixed, but after a couple of weeks I've begun to think maybe my experience is not the norm. Chrome is the browser I always use, unless forced to use another. Today I checked out the window in Internet Explorer, where the window is assembled as expected. So apparently there is some conflict between Chrome and the forum's software.

I have:
  • Cleared my cache
  • Cleared my history
  • Restarted my browser
  • Restarted my machine
  • Cleared my operating system's temp files
  • Cleared my browser's temp files
  • Checked for updates to Chrome which need to be installed
  • Pulled my hair
  • Stared in aggravation

Since it's working in Internet Explorer and not in Chrome, I assume this is something I must fix, not something the forum admins must fix. But I'm a bit lost as to how I might go about it.

(I can use the basic version of Manage Attachments--it works. But I really don't want to because for me it is much more tedious.)

Anyone have any tips for me?

-boster