Thread: [Fictional Stories - Reluctant] My first marraige in the 1970's
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Default My first marraige in the 1970's

This is a series of stories (and maybe photos of recreations).

Excerpt:

My first wife was just out of high school when I married her in 1969. We were married only three years and then I divorced her.

She had gotten so she could not help herself and I just could not stand it. I am thinking maybe it was the repressed up-bringing, being a Mormon, that made her the way she was, but I don’t know. Even at the end she seemed so confused about her feelings. She was ashamed of it of course and very emotional when I found out and made her tell me all about it, but she just didn’t seem to understand what had happened. She had not wanted me to be hurt. She had just wanted me to love her.

For that matter she just wanted Mr. Miller to like her or love her. Or at least that is how it started, she said. He said he loved her and she wanted him to love her. He was her boss at the Jewelry store where she worked. And I should have guessed things by the way she was kept hours after closing and the jewelry he let her “borrow.” What she did, she said, was because he needed her, but it didn’t mean anything. But why did she do it for the others?

And she said to me sobbing it was only because she wanted Mr. Miller to be happy....

Then the “big event” happened. She started inventory at the jewelry store and had to work a Saturday. She came very home late, exhausted, was obviously drunk and went to the bedroom, put on her nightgown, and got into bed and went to sleep without a word.

They next morning she did not want to go to work. I don’t know why but I looked in her purse and found a roll of cash, ten-dollar bills. I asked her where she got it from and she was evasive. Then told me Mr. Miller had given it to her instead of paying her overtime. This made some sense but later, I had other reasons to be suspicious and I asked her again and she broke down crying and confessed.

She told me a lot of it, but not all of it. She confessed her “affair” with Mr. Miller and then with much sobbing and tears she admitted that was not all, that he had persuaded her to take her clothes off in front of some men at a bar. That is where the money came from.

The bar, as it turned out, was a Bob’s bar. A bar that I and many of my friends used to hang out at, and where one of my friends still worked as a bartender.

I was certain she had not told me everything. There had been several late nights, as well as that Saturday. More than just stripping for some of Miller’s friends had taken place. But she just wept when I pressed her and said how sorry she was.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf My first marraige - 1.pdf (40.7 KB, 380 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to milkman56 For This Useful Post: