Thread: WNBR 2019
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Thanked 179,501 Times in 19,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by openthe4thseal View Post
Rule #2: Choose the correct forum that matches the content of your post.

We have a Photos section where you post photos.

We have a Videos section where you post videos.

We have a Links section where you post links.

Non-members cannot access the links in the Links section. Whenever you post a link in a section available to the public, you are essentially giving stuff away for free. What incentive do lurkers have to become members if you hand it to them for nothing?
You're absolutely correct when you point out what that rule says. But that's never been how the Moderators have enforced that rule here. Links to on-topic videos and photo galleries in the Exhibitionists & Voyeur section, especially in threads pertaining to specific annual events like WNBR/Fremont Solstice parade/etc., have always been allowed and are currently allowed. We go over this every year, and I tell you the same thing every year, and yet, every year, you persist in applying this rule in your own (incorrect) way. You are enforcing the letter of the law, and not the spirit. There is no need to enforce that particular rule that strictly. Further, there was no need to remove that link (which I have restored). If you felt that it didn't belong in the thread, then it should have, at most, been moved to another section. Posts containing good contributions that don't break any of the other rules that must be more strictly applied (for example, uploaded watermarked pictures) should never be removed entirely. But that's irrelevant in this case, since that link absolutely was allowed to be in this thread.

Please let this go. I've tried valiantly over the years not to make Moderator disputes public, and I apologize for doing so now, but I've finally reached my wit's end.

Fango