One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Site Feedback & Support (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bandwidth limit (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=248224)

Air Defender 03-22-2022 09:50 AM

Bandwidth limit

When i click to download a zip file I'm now getting this message:

"You have reached your allotted bandwidth limit for large files within the past 6 hours. Meanwhile, you can still view the streaming version of our videos."

I'm not trying to download videos bur zip files of photos. I've never experienced this issue in the past?

waddayasay 03-22-2022 04:04 PM

I am having same issue

When I ought my lifetime membership said nothing about limiting downloads!

retrac55 03-22-2022 05:37 PM

NEW Bandwidth limitation

Mods - have you put in place a permanent download limitation or is this temporary?

As noted by the last two posters, I received this notice yesterday and again today. If you have enacted a new policy it would have been great to receive notice and it would also great to know what is the max download limit and why it was enacted.

You have reached your allotted bandwidth limit for large files within the past 6 hours.
Meanwhile, if you were trying to download a video you can still view the streaming version of all of our videos.

Thanks

admin 03-22-2022 06:35 PM

Unfortunately, lately more and more members have been engaging in behavior that effects our site's network performance. Those activities slow our site down and make all of our users browsing experience worse. More than 99% of our visitors are respectful people just looking to view all the great material here.

We have been forced to set reasonable limits on what each member can download within a 6 hour period of time.
The limits vary based on each member's status here.

admin 03-23-2022 07:48 AM

I do want to apologize to some of the members who have seen this message. This morning we found a bug that in certain cases miscalculated the file sizes being counted toward each member's download limits. That has now been fixed. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused some of you.

admin 03-23-2022 08:23 AM

morpheos, thank you for the reply. I sent you a PM.

morpheos 03-24-2022 04:16 AM

No Problem

Thanks for clearing it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3097910)
morpheos, thank you for the reply. I sent you a PM.

nooneishome 03-25-2022 12:43 AM

Documentation of limits

Will you be documenting the "reasonable limits" placed on user accounts and what the different status tiers are based on? Is there a way for users to see what their individual usage is and to monitor it in real time somewhere? If no is that planned for a future update?

Air Defender 03-26-2022 07:10 AM

So does this limit apply to uploading content? I have no problems uploading zips, seams bandwidth isn't a problem there but twice now I've had this message when downloading zips :confused: Again would be nice to know what the individual limits are

admin 03-26-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air Defender (Post 3099086)
So does this limit apply to uploading content? I have no problems uploading zips, seams bandwidth isn't a problem there but twice now I've had this message when downloading zips :confused: Again would be nice to know what the individual limits are

No. The bandwidth limits only count what each member downloads.
There are no limits on uploading material and bandwidth used to upload doesn't count against what people can download.