One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Site Feedback & Support (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can't View Gifs/Enlarged Images (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=222920)

Cronje 07-10-2018 02:53 PM

Can't View Gifs/Enlarged Images

I don't know if this is an intended change or not, but as of now I (as not a One Click Pass member and having not contributed as much as I should) can not view .gif files on the forums. In the past, in threads like animated ENF gifs, I could see the static image preview and then click on the image to see the animated version. Now, however, it informs me that I'm unworthy.

Either way, I'll try to contribute more to get that privilege back, but in the event the change was unintended, I hope this gets fixed soon!

Technical info: I'm using the latest version of Firefox and using AdBlock Plus, FoxClocks, GreaseMonkey (no scripts running on OCC), and Video DownloadHelper. I also tested it in the latest version of Chrome, in case one of the extensions was messing with me somehow, and had the same thing happen.

Edit: I've edited this post to mention that, as a result of this change, I can also no longer view enlarged images, just the previews in the threads themselves.

hotbeefinject 07-10-2018 03:59 PM

Ditto.

audiphile 07-10-2018 09:19 PM

seems like an intentional change to me. Either post a lot of pictures, or pay for the subscription. Seeing the animated image or full size image is basically downloading it, and now you have to be a paid subscriber for that privilege. It used to be only on attachments, but now it seems to apply to any image (animated or not) embedded in the post.

Certainly they have costs to running this site, so I guess this will help drive up paid subscriptions

stupiduk 07-10-2018 10:19 PM

I wonder why only uploaded files are considered instead of something like thanks. It is odd that spamming some pictures nobody cares about should be favored over providing links that a lot of people like.

Either way I am quite annoyed by this change and will be using this site less in the future.

JD92 07-10-2018 11:07 PM

Is there any word on a number of posts needed to regain the privilege to see the free content side of this site? I do have content including original images/video I would be able to upload but it seems silly to take the time and give away my personal content if I'm not in turn able to see others content also.

Its great that they want more contribution from all of us enjoying the content but some word on how much is required would be nice. I'm also worried that the quality of images submitted will drop due to people trying to reach whatever the requirement is.

Kestor 07-11-2018 06:41 AM

Same here. Ironically I've just started contributing in the last couple of weeks after lurking for years, and now I can't even see the image attachments I've uploaded.

Also I'm posting in Free Sites, mostly the music video threads, so I don't even know if that counts toward member contribution. I'm going through my favorites on sites like Vimeo, and things I've downloaded that fit the bill of the thread, which I think takes more time and effort than posting random pics in the amateurs section. I've been trying to reciprocate with quality posts.

I've updated my email address so that's not bouncing or anything now either.

tc88 07-11-2018 08:49 AM

The same happens to me (not member).
Is it confirmed it is a new "policy" of the forum?

DarkHollow93 07-11-2018 02:30 PM

This is bizarre.

I'm fine with a change in policy, but how about some info and/or warning? We have no idea what posting is expected for access. I am inclined to join for the year, but I am hesitant given this. I just don't get it.

openthe4thseal 07-11-2018 05:58 PM

The mods haven't been ignoring you, as we are as much in the dark about this as you, at least I am.

Hopefully the Admin will address this issue quickly so we can all figure it out.

garoux44 07-11-2018 07:40 PM

Same thing for me . I used to be able to enlarge pictures but can t do it any more. Please at least give us an answer ...:confused: