One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Exhibitionists & Voyeur (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WNBR 2014 (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=171465)

curly804 05-14-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 27cows (Post 1778687)
I'll be covering whichever start looks like being the busiest. Though it's always very stressful. This time I intend taking two cameras - one with either my 24-105 or 18-200 aboard, the other with 70-200.

Good news that the Brighton and London rides are on different weekends this time. It was always a bit of struggle getting to Brighton bright and early the day after covering the hectic London event.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Brighton starts from The Level this year, rather than Preston Park. Not sure why, or if it'll make any difference.

24-105 for overall covering the event, 70-200 for those "intimate" shots. I'm on the other side of the pond but for me would be the 60mm 35-80 and the 70mm 100-400. Good luck looking forward to your photos! ;)

zoiks 05-14-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drondo (Post 1758034)
2014 UK Rides

Portsmouth 24 May
Canterbury 31 May
Hastings 1 Jun
Manchester 6 Jun
Bristol 7 Jun
Brighton 8 Jun
Cardiff 14 Jun
London 14 Jun
York 20 Jun
Exeter 28 Jun
Folkestone 5 Jul
Clacton 19 Jul

Maybe Southampton.

Best rides will probably be IMHO;

London,
Brighton,
Manchester,
Bristol,
York,
Cardiff.

I will try and do London, Bristol, Brighton. Would love to do York but it's a question of cash. The others are too much of a cock-fest and don't past the cost benefit analysis.

Is Cardiff likely to be a cockfest? Was thinking of doing it but that doesnt sound promising.

caneira12 05-14-2014 06:47 PM

2014 UK Rides

Portsmouth 24 May
Canterbury 31 May
Hastings 1 Jun
Manchester 6 Jun
Bristol 7 Jun
Brighton 8 Jun
Cardiff 14 Jun
London 14 Jun
York 20 Jun
Exeter 28 Jun
Folkestone 5 Jul
Clacton 19 Jul

is that date of manchester correct because it is on a friday and i found on a site
Dates: Portsmouth: 24th May; Brighton & Hove: 8th June; Manchester: 14th June; London: 14th June; Clacton: 19th July

Yorkie11 05-15-2014 12:31 AM

There's a naked bike ride in York? Is this the first one? I have only just moved away and knew nothing of it? I'd have definitely gone down. How do I get details?

jacobite 05-15-2014 02:09 PM

York

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drondo (Post 1779484)
It's a good one lots of babes. Put "York World Naked Bike Ride" into Facebook or Google.

Fascinating. I moved out of the area (not quite actually since I hail from somewhere closer to Leeds) two decades ago.

Just got one short clip of last year's ride: hxxp://vimeo.com/70745859
Proving we did have nice babes turning up then. Maybe sometime, it'd be my turn to pay grandmum (oh dear) a visit :rolleyes:

jacobite 05-19-2014 01:51 PM

What if the WNBR met the Tour de France...

1 Attachment(s)
...in a parallel universe? My wish :p

flanker7 05-21-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portlandmarine (Post 1782841)
Planning on attending the Portland WNBR on June 7th and will attempt to take pics. Apparently it has the most nude women of any bike run, BUT it's not camera friendly. Maybe if I'm naked the ladies will feel more comfortable with me snapping shots. I just don't want some hippy grabbing and smashing my camera because I would kill the bastard. It's too bad the women out here don't look as good as they do in Los Angeles and Orange County in California where I lived my entire life. Oh well.

I cannot speak from personal experience, but I know other senior members have commented that if you take part in the ride/nudity yourself then other participants are less put off by photo taking.

Pedro the Fisherman 05-21-2014 03:48 PM

Weather for Portsmouth looks crap, heavy showers and 15C at best. Looks like it will be the usual cockfest again:mad:

Pedro the Fisherman 05-23-2014 11:24 AM

Quick weather update for Portsmouth tomorrow......totally SHIT weather is the forecast. :mad:

Heavy rain, 13C and windy too! I feel sorry for the organizers, as they have been made to work really hard by the local council and police to let the ride go ahead.

On the positive side, Portsmouth has had 3 sunny and hot rides in past years, just as Brighton has had wet/cold and iffy over the same period. Perhaps Brighton might get lucky this year!

Davidavin 05-23-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portlandmarine (Post 1782841)
Planning on attending the Portland WNBR on June 7th and will attempt to take pics. Apparently it has the most nude women of any bike run, BUT it's not camera friendly. Maybe if I'm naked the ladies will feel more comfortable with me snapping shots. I just don't want some hippy grabbing and smashing my camera because I would kill the bastard. It's too bad the women out here don't look as good as they do in Los Angeles and Orange County in California where I lived my entire life. Oh well.

If you are naked AND young (i.e. you look like everyone else riding) you can get by taking pics with a cell or other small camera. I don't think anyone will hassle you. But a large DSLR - even if you are naked and young I could see some problems. Not as likely as if you are old and clothed, but still, be very cautious.

But it will be dark once the ride begins, so consider that also.

Actually though, last year some larger cameras were about at the art museum. It seems that lately, group pics are becoming more common at the front end of the ride, and some picture taking seems to be tolerated. But that applies to the posed exhibitionists more than the regular riders.

Good luck. I hope to be there, and the Portland women suit me fine :)

Davidavin (klondike)