One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Fiction (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   enf rpg game idea (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=119069)

wildfang95 03-10-2012 01:20 AM

can't afford the designer and lastly just to check
it is virus free right?

fighter4life 03-10-2012 09:18 AM

if you think you can handle it I may be willing to make a 15 dollar donation for it but you will have to put in the work

Derelict 03-11-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfang95 (Post 1166760)
can't afford the designer and lastly just to check
it is virus free right?

I have no idea if it's virus-free, but I do know that it'd be bad for his business if it did have a virus.

All in all, it seems legit. I'm not sure what features the paid version has, but you may not need them.

wildfang95 03-11-2012 11:29 PM

hmm....i guess you're right, okay we won't buy the full version unless we need to, but give me a day or so to research it a little

wildfang95 03-15-2012 07:04 PM

i've done research on it and it seems like it's what they use to make GTA but umm i kinda imagined it being more like cross edge......
umm but if you guys don't mind i guess i could give it a try(it won't come out like i wanted though)
Also can somebody talk to Jules for me, he won't talk to me no matter what.

Thanks for listening!

Derelict 03-16-2012 06:10 PM

I don't want to be negative, but I'm gonna level with ya...

This project made it much, much farther than I would have guessed. There were ideas, but those are a dime a dozen. To make a computer game, you need action... Specifically, action from a programmer! We have (had?) an artist here who produced images for free, but we don't know how or if the illustrations can be used in the game's framework. So many unknowns...

My suggestion? Scrap all of this and focus on making a simple "pen-and-paper" RPG which could be overseen by a "game master." There would be no worries about programming or begging for artwork. Just imagination and some typing skills! It could be a fantasy setting, sci-fi setting, of even something like DQ's "Mischievous Breeze" series...

What do you think? Anybody?

cerindclvr 03-17-2012 03:26 AM

I am intrigued by this idea, Derelict. What kind of system were you thinking... something manually 'run' for certain people or like one of those old text based computer rpgs..?

Derelict 03-17-2012 10:40 AM

Obviously, there's room for adjustments, but it would be "run" by a game master who would judge and describe the outcome of the players' actions. It would be a back and forth storytelling between player and game master.

To make it interesting, there could be "classes" and dice rolls for "skills" or abilities.

I started formulating something like this on a different forum, but there was no interest. Players would be ghosts who would strip their targets. BUT, it could be adapted to a different setting, I'm quite sure.

Meepo 03-17-2012 06:00 PM

Derelict: Meepo the Kobold approves of this idea. An ENF-styled pen-and-paper RPG could be interesting, if done well - but it would require some careful deliberation to make it appeal to more broad tastes. Of course, the original idea of a computer RPG here is really cool too (I would play it), but as you say, it's easier to write than it is to grind the gears of programming.

I once toyed with the idea to write a pen-and-paper style RPG based on a panty fighter like Variable Geo, where fighters strip each other as part of the battle. It would be weird, but it could be kind of cool.

cerindclvr 03-17-2012 08:29 PM

what kind of chat platform or IM program would be best suited to it? one with dice rolling capacity, I imagine..?