uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Old 01-25-2010, 04:42 PM

Thanked 2,602 Times in 458 Posts
Default Could anyone code/programme a "Arianna" style game

does anyone know how to make one of those "Dating Sim" type games? I could supply the images of someone has the know-how to write the programming (or whatever it is that makes the game run.)
I'm male. susan is an acronym. Surfing Under Some Anonomous Name. My girl friend was Susan IE some guy surfing under an annonymous name. Its an odd joke, and not funny really. But to be clear- I'm male.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 PM

I made an offer to do that... wow, almost 3 years ago in the Dating Sim thread; no one seemed interested at the time. The offer still stands, though I'm more busy than general and about to do a move so I'm not necessarily going to be able to get everything done as quickly as I would have a few years ago. If someone with more time steps forward, go with him, but I can do coding as long as I don't have to deal with making the images or hosting the result.

I could actually do this pretty quickly if it were done in .net, since that's set up to handle a LOT of what's needed already. The downside of .net is that it has more hosting requirements; I think most providers allow .net stuff, but some don't. Additionally, it wouldn't be so easy for users to download and run the site on their computers; they'd have to install .net framework to get it to work. So it's the easiest to set up, but the hardest for end users to deal with if they want to download.

Avoiding .net takes more time (you have to write a lot of stuff that's built into .net) but works when someone downloads it more easily. There are 2 ways to go if you're just using javascript. The Ariane method is to have a page that doesn't change with frames to hold the pictures and text, using the frame to keep the variables. The Chaotic method is to store variables in cookies, which is easier but can cause problems if the cookies don't get cleared between games (his games had an issue for a long time that would make it keep the information from your previous tries when you started a new one). Between the two, I prefer the Ariane one because it gives more flexibility and you don't have to worry about making sure the cookies get cleared.

Have you given any thought to the story branches you'd want to include? Do you want to try to do this with models, as you were discussing in the Virtual Date Girls thread? Using models makes some types of storylines more difficult (anything that you wanted to do in public or with another person/other people in the frame), and requires more upfront planning to make sure you have all the shots you need. If you think about the Ariane game, most locations have many different images depending on Ariane's dress- just standing outside on the patio has 12 different shots: standing without the wine glass available, standing with it, standing topless, standing in just panties, standing in bikini without the wine glass, standing in bikini with it, standing in bikini bottoms, standing in bikini bottoms with a towel over her shoulders, standing naked with dry hair, standing in a towel, standing in a dress, and standing naked with wet hair. Then there are six different shots of her drinking wine, changing based on dress and hair... it adds up to a lot, and you need to be certain you can use the model(s) again in case you missed a frame or want to add to the story options. Not trying to discourage you from the model route if that's what you want, just wanted to make sure you were aware of what you'd be getting into with it
Old 01-26-2010, 06:00 AM

You should take pictures of the model(s) with a solid background in studio and the program can use different bacgrounds. Less pictures needed. Some positions in different outfits and some for the endings. That's all.

I am a programmer so I can tell you the coding of such a game is extremly easy.
No need for .NET. If you want to create a web-based game it could be done in simple HTML+Javascript but PHP is much more better. (if you made in simple HTML the players can download it too, but php needs a server)

I think, the most difficult part of the creation is the storyline script.
At first you have to create a very well documented and precise storyline. After that taking pictures and creating the code should be done at the same time.

If you really want to make such a game I can offer some help in programming, but I don't have much time.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:40 AM

Thanked 2,602 Times in 458 Posts

Cool, thanks for the suggestions.

what might be the best way to start? Could a very very simple mini-game be done along these lines?
I'm male. susan is an acronym. Surfing Under Some Anonomous Name. My girl friend was Susan IE some guy surfing under an annonymous name. Its an odd joke, and not funny really. But to be clear- I'm male.

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
cumshot

1m:34s

12-07-2015
us 11

3m:33s

07-16-2017
dildo riding and squirting

0m:54s

03-03-2016
Nak2tage 27 Mia

4m:49s