uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM

Thanked 22,643 Times in 1,651 Posts
Default thanks button

okay, guys- i was gone for a long while and it's really good to be back... but a few things have changed. one of the things i always enjoyed about this forum was the interaction. comments were always polite and there were useful and often amusing exchanges. but now it seems that most people (myself included, i'm afraid) just click the "thanks" button without commenting at all. from now on, i for one, when i see a post i like, am going to take a minute to actually TELL the person that i like it and why. maybe i'm old-fashioned, but sometimes we can make "doing the right thing" a little too convenient. i'm ignoring that damn button from now on. what do you guys think?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Thanked 176,948 Times in 18,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddad View Post
what do you guys think?
Honestly, I haven't noticed any change in the level of commenting here. This has always been a "quiet" forum.

The upside to the thanks button is that, if everyone that liked a post posted a reply that just said "Thanks", we'd have dozens and dozens of posts that just say "Thanks" cluttering up the forums. And then people would get pissed when they see a thread has new posts and they open it to just find ten new "Thanks" posts. The button also gives lurkers and/or those who just don't have much to say an opportunity to be thankful for posts they like.

Sure, the button may be somewhat impersonal, but it has a lot of benefits as well.

Fango

Last edited by Fango; 01-22-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM

Thanked 22,643 Times in 1,651 Posts

please don't misunderstand me, fango. your points are well-taken and cogent. maybe the change was gradual and i only notice it because i was away for so long. the button definitely has its place. if all you have to say is "thanks" then by all means use it. i just seem to recall that people used to have a lot more to say than that.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:07 PM

I guess sending a PM to the one you want to thank would do the job
Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM

Thanked 457,660 Times in 12,342 Posts

I am only speaking for myself, but I really don’t care if someone leaves a reply, or clicks on the "Thanks Button".

I'm just trying to give back.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 PM

I agree w/ how Fango put it. I feel that the thanks button has made it a lot cleaner in the majority and easier to find new stuff, and not a bunch of new posts that just say thanks.

Those same people that would do that back then now use the thanks button, and sometimes still continue to make a post.

It also opens up for those that dont like to talk that much in general to give thanks w/ out having to make a post. With the ease of hitting the button, and it gives a better understanding just how many people appreciated it. I know a few times people would have made a post in the past and get no replies to their post and would get EXTREMELY offended that no one liked their content for that very reason.

So while the posts have dropped commenting on content, the number of thank yous over all have increased a ton!

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
Monae Tries My Friend s Dick

2m:18s

02-26-2022

4m:44s

06-19-2006
4571 0078 1

0m:48s

07-06-2008
She Knows

0m:47s

10-09-2019