60%-70% (slight majority) 50 17.67%
70%-80% (about 3/4) 68 24.03%
80%-90% (big majority) 40 14.13%
90%-100% (almost all) 13 4.59%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2023, 01:41 AM

Thanked 8,380 Times in 553 Posts

Just an observation here.
Looking at the thread title - What % of women are fully shaved suggests it's global, but the guidelines say "What you have actually seen"

So my main source is nude beaches and campsites which is probably about 50% where I go.

My thinking is that this is skewed by the more conservative or prudish women who are never seen naked by anyone other their than their husbands, or medic. What about Nuns or spinsters who've never had a man?
I'd guess women is this category are less likely to shave so globally the figure is probably much lower.

Last edited by thefergieferg1; 10-25-2023 at 01:49 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thefergieferg1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2023, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefergieferg1 View Post
Just an observation here.
Looking at the thread title - What % of women are fully shaved suggests it's global, but the guidelines say "What you have actually seen"

So my main source is nude beaches and campsites which is probably about 50% where I go.

My thinking is that this is skewed by the more conservative or prudish women who are never seen naked by anyone other their than their husbands, or medic. What about Nuns or spinsters who've never had a man?
I'd guess women is this category are less likely to shave so globally the figure is probably much lower.
Agreed.

I also think one of the main factors her will also be the age of the voter and thus the age of the seen pool.

Personally, I believe younger fannies are more likely to be shaven/trimmed than older fannies.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DamanC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2023, 06:04 PM

Thanked 1,006 Times in 125 Posts

I'll reply on the calculation method seperately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefergieferg1 View Post

Yes I agree. Even girls that 'go out' shaved often let it grow when they know their fannies won't be on show.

Even though I voted higher based on what I've seen, my wife says she reckons it's now 50/50 based on her friends and what she has seen in changing rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamanC View Post
Personally, I believe younger fannies are more likely to be shaven/trimmed than older fannies.
Definitely, if the survey had been under 30s for example, we could have been talking an average above 80%

Good to hear the word fanny in use!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pearoak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearoak View Post

Even though I voted higher based on what I've seen, my wife says she reckons it's now 50/50 based on her friends and what she has seen in changing rooms.
But of course even single sex changing rooms contain women who are willing to be seen naked, so even that could be over-called
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pearoak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2023, 06:01 AM

this days most women are shaved in one way or another.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chupacabra45 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2023, 02:47 PM

Default Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamanC View Post
Ive had a drink, so ignore most of my ramble. Post found from mixed Euro sauna's.

Doing a poll with a 0-10, 11-20 etc or even 0-20, 21-40 etc would have probably yielded a more accurate result. you have 40% of the answer in just one vote, 20% of an answer in another and just 10% in each of the remaining 4 votes.

Just glancing at the 60.8% weighted average may explain your observations.

You have the first 40% ("hairy" - Option 1) having 23 votes, the last 40% ("shaven" - Option 3,4,5 & 6) having 91 votes. You could dismiss option 2 as its exactly equal both ways. Your result should be around 75% are shaven.
In hindsight it would have been simpler to have equal groupings but I don't think it significantly affects the outcome. To explain the calculation, I assumed each response was in the middle of the group, so if someone put 0-40, I counted that as 20; if someone put 80-90, I counted that as 85.

I've just redone the numbers and the average is coming out at 61.1%. If I group all of the latter groups together, so that there are three groups: 0-40 (20%), 40-60 (50%) and 60-100 (80%), the average comes out a little higher at 63.8%.

I think that, even though over 85% are saying saying half or more women are shaved, there are a lot of people saying 'about half' and that is anchoring the average where it is.

Sorry for the technical explanation when all we want to talk about is pussy, be it smooth or stubbly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pearoak For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2023, 06:05 PM

Thanked 2,639 Times in 194 Posts

At nudist venues, there is also a bit of a "peer-pressure" effect when it comes to shaving.

My wife's initial preference was a light trim; but after a being around a prevalence of completely shaven women at our resort, she decided to go bald. It was more "well everyone else is doing it" rather than "I actually like my pussy shaven." Obviously if all the other women were slightly trim, she would have kept hers the same.
Outside of nudism she still keeps a light trim; but right before going to the resort she'll shave it all off. I've noticed that she does in fact seem more comfortable with her pussy looking the "same" as all the other women - even if it does means there is "more to see" when people look at her naked.

I'm sure that's actually common practice, which makes it hard to determine who actually stays shaven at all times.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shihoin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2023, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihoin View Post
At nudist venues, there is also a bit of a "peer-pressure" effect when it comes to shaving.

My wife's initial preference was a light trim; but after a being around a prevalence of completely shaven women at our resort, she decided to go bald. It was more "well everyone else is doing it" rather than "I actually like my pussy shaven." Obviously if all the other women were slightly trim, she would have kept hers the same.
Outside of nudism she still keeps a light trim; but right before going to the resort she'll shave it all off. I've noticed that she does in fact seem more comfortable with her pussy looking the "same" as all the other women - even if it does means there is "more to see" when people look at her naked.

I'm sure that's actually common practice, which makes it hard to determine who actually stays shaven at all times.
Agreed, it was certainly the case with my wife. When I first brought up the topic of shaving if off she said there was no way she was ever going to do that. Then, over the course of a few years, she took off more and more until eventually it was all gone.

Each reduction seemed to happen just before or just after a visit to a nude location.

The first time we went to a nude spa we didn't realise it was mandatory nude and it was during a skiing holiday, so she was very unkempt as all she did back then was an occasional going over with a pair of scissors. I did even less and had a rainforest covering my junk. Between us we probably blocked the filters in the jacuzzi! It was still common to see some hair back then but the transition had started and most were heavily trimmed so we were both a bit embarrassed. But equally, the few fully hairless people, particularly the men, stood out too and the request to my wife to go that far did not go down well. But, when we got home she moved to high bikini wax and we bought a shared trimmer. Then it went to a French wax, then string bikini wax, then brazilian with a tiny bit of bush then full hollywood. The trimmer is now gathering dust. The other day we came across an old sex tape and she said she couldnt believe how hairy she was just a few years ago, don't think she would ever go back.

In terms of others, she does talk to her friends about it and I don't think any of those are regularly naked in public, but many are shaved, so I think the real numbers will be lower than the observations but still very high.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pearoak For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearoak View Post
Sounds good to me, and it can always grow back. Please let us know what she decides and whether you're happy with the change
She finally decided to shave, two weeks ago!

Initially, she wanted to have a landing strip. But as she had an untrimmed bush, she first had to trim it. She didn't have an electric trimmer anymore, so she tried it with scissors but that didn't really work well. So, she decided to shave everything off so she could grow a landing strip. But she liked the feeling and look of her bare pussy, and some of her friends in the gym complimented her with it. So she decided to keep it like that. Now, every day in the shower she shaves to remove any stubble. Her pussy looks so different, I hadn't seen it shaved in thirteen years! And it feels so smooth: just soft skin and no hair. I have to admit, I miss the bush though. The look of it and the feeling of the hair. The shaved look is a bit plain, as so many women have it. To me, her bush made her unique. Now she keeps it like the vast majority of women her age. So I have some mixed feelings about it. But she likes it, she is very happy with it. She likes the look, the feeling, she has made comparisons to how much different it feels when she wears underwear, when she fingers herself, when she wipes herself after a pee. She understands that I miss the bush, and she told me that she will probably grow it out again in the future, but now now. She wants to keep it shaved for a longer time (according to her, at least all the way through summer) and she hopes I will get used to it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martin221 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 04:27 PM

Thanked 4,612 Times in 411 Posts
Default Trends

I concur with the posters above who say shaving is very high at nudist resorts, probably 80% or more. However, I've noticed on nude beaches that younger women are now starting to leave some hair on.

The last time I saw a completely full bush was at a nudist resort about 5 years ago. I have to say it was so unique (and full) that it sort of turned me on. As though the woman left it unshaved to call attention to herself, like being fully shaved did back in the "old days."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raysallx For This Useful Post:

Tags
bush, grooming, pubes, pubic hair, shaved

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
CB Occ 324

3m:28s

12-23-2018
Wet T3 pt2b

4m:08s

06-01-2013
BFF Taking a Well Needed Break

2m:15s