Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 236 Posts
Arrow Download Streaming Media Freeware

So yesterday I found a great little piece of software for downloading streaming media to your HD---no 3rd party website to use, no limits based on the website and if it is flash video---which is the key point because most of the free xxx sites I go to use flash video and do not work with sites like keepvid. SO, what is it? Well it is software that for the longest you had to pay for but is now freeware! And it is even better than some pay software I have used in the past because it is integrated into your browser so you can can just left click any, and I mean any video, you are watching and download the media stream directly to your PC in .flv format, no copy and paste.

Here is the website http://www.orbitdownloader.com/ and the download link redirects you to CNET which means it is tested Just download and install and select "yes" for GrabPro, no email registration required But your not done yet, you also have to download and install Grab++ (also freeware) plug-in for your browser. Once you install Orbit you will be brought to screen to add Grab++, just download and install to your browser's add-ons and your ready to rock!

The speed of downloads is also to be noted, I can pull over 500kbs consistent from some sites when downloading which is always nice I have been trying to find a good way to trap the media that streams into my computer for quite some time and this program and plug-in is far and away the best method I have come across. It is also light on the system and browser so it won't slow you down.

(If the mods want, this post can be merged into another thread for continuity, but as it stands those threads are locked)

Last edited by eaze187; 10-02-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 PM

Thanked 22,429 Times in 2,226 Posts

Probably the best thing to use, which works on most site, is the addon for firefox. You can right click the program on your address bar, and download all media files on a site, including streaming video like youtube, dailymotion, nudetube, hamster ect ect. You can also add another addon and convert the flv's as your downloading them.
This addon also lets you download all photos on a site, and neatly saves them into a folder on your desktop.
Once you start a download, you also have the option to pauise and then restart.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

regards
CP.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:27 AM

Hey this is a great find! I use sites like savevid.com usually, but this looks like it does more. Any options for Mac would be appreciated. I've only found awkward ways of doing it so far. I could use Firefox but I'm a bit of a fanboy I suppose.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 236 Posts
Default firefox

Orbit & Get++ work great with firefox which is what I use, personally I hate IE regardless of the version but particularity the newer versions. I have not used either app with IE but the site says it works fine, as for Mac I haven't owned one since the mid-90's so I can't comment on how it might work

Tags
download internet video

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
Traffic Jam BJ

5m:35s

12-15-2015
softcore 219

3m:24s

01-22-2011
beer can open pussy

1m:41s

09-22-2018