Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2023, 03:14 PM
A user who abused the forums

Thanked 563,063 Times in 22,224 Posts
Default Google Chrome...?

Maybe someone can let me know what I am doing wrong. When coming to OCC with Google Chrome it's a bust. My user & password are not accepted.

Start Copy / Paste

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 2 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.

End Copy / Paste

But I can still get on OCC using my old Internet Explorer. Much of Internet Explorer is no longer supported so I would rather use Google Chrome when coming to OCC.

Thanks for your effort and ideas...
Old 02-18-2023, 05:18 PM

Thanked 2,696 Times in 398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJH View Post
... Google Chrome ... My user & password are not accepted.
You have entered an invalid username or password. ...
But I can still get on OCC using my old Internet Explorer.
This may be old/mistyped user/pwd/login cookies in the Chrome cache. You can try one or both of the following in Chrome:

1. Open an incognito window, which should not use existing credentials, and try login again.
2. History, clear browsing history - preferably everything, since forever - Warning this will require you to renenter user/pwd for all sites.
Chrome deliberately stops you clearing your caches whenever you close Chrome - this is allow google tracking cookies to spy on you. With Google you are the product to be sold to targeted advertizers.

I use Firefox with uBlock ad blocker, AdNauseam tracker protection (Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft, to name the main culprits, are always trying to track us- yet people worry about "guvmint surveillance"), and DuckDuckGo as my main search engine.

You may wish to use two different browsers - one for higher security eg emails, banking, shopping and another for visiting dodgier neighbourhoods on the internet eg you probably wouldn't want to wear expensive jewellry, take all your credit cards or display expensive watches, cameras or phones in certain physical places.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:00 AM

Default Chrome up to date?

I have been using Chrome on various devices for years with no issue on OCC, even dug out a 2014 vintage laptop to try and it works fine

Latest version I run is 110.0.5481.104 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my devices as of 20 Feb 2023, all work fine

Have you tried clearing cookies? Or go into incognito mode and see what happens

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
IMG 1440

2m:05s

10-23-2019
Flip Cup Turns to Strip Cup

9m:11s

07-03-2017
Video1

2m:11s

01-25-2013
Alessandra Torresani, Cait Taylor, Sydney