uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Total Noob question-

If this has been answered before, please send me he link to thread. Otherwise, how do I record webcams? I don't have one, but lucky for me, I know of a couple of ladies that like to show off for me on webcam. How do I record them, so that I can go back and watch them again, and share them with people? I usually watch their webcams with yahoo messenger, if that helps (or sucks), Thanks, hope to capture and share with the forum...
Old 10-27-2004, 09:22 AM

The method you use to capture a webcam depends on the format the cam is displayed in (ie. javacam, auto refreshing picture cam, cams from programs like yahoo/msn...)

--------------------------------

For java based cams you will need a screen capturing program ( many freeware ones can be found

here ) but I personally use a program called SnagIt from techsmith.com because it offers many features that the freeware programs do not have.

BTW this is the only choice you have for these type of cams so keep in mind the disadvantages for this method below when using this method.

------------------------------

For the auto refreshing picture cams you can use a screen capturing program as well but the disadvantage to using such a program for these types of cams is that you will have to keep the image you are trying to capture above all other windows on the system or you will end up with a bunch of pictures of your desktop or other windows you never intended to capture and miss the images you did intend to capture so this method is not recommend (by me atleast) for this type of capturing.

The recommend way to capture these types of cams is to use a program that will take the url of the picture (ie. http://www.somesite.com/images/picture.jpg) and save it to your hard drive and as soon as the picture on the url changes the program will know that it's a new picture that is has not seen yet and save it to your hard drive the same way it did the first picture and it will continue this process until you tell it to stop.

The reason why this is the recommended method is because you can capture the images from the webcam and use your computer at the same time without worrying that you will get a bunch of garbage pics saved on your system.

Some freeware programs that you can find that will do this are located here but again I have my favorite program which is free by the way and it's called "Advanced LG" which you can find here and while it has many more features then the other programs it also lives up to it's name and is not the best choice for someone just starting out so keep that in mind.

--------------------------------------

Finally we have the cams from programs like yahoo/msn/camfrog ..... In this area it really depends on the messanger client that you are using as to what options you have but for simplicity's sake (and because I getting writers cramp) you can use the same method/programs that you use to capture java based cams.

Anyway that should get you started and good luck.

Last edited by Alex; 10-27-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:34 AM

Good question and some great advice, much appreciated, thanks fakeoz.

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
hot bate 1

3m:00s

08-27-2008
dr07 0019 02

3m:04s

07-27-2009
Movie317

1m:52s

04-08-2017
db 176 1d

0m:51s