uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 PM

Thanked 1,693 Times in 308 Posts
Post "Request"

I would like to request that members making requests at least make an attempt to post something. Maybe it's just me, but I find it extremely irratating to find people making requests only to find out they haven't posted anything but their own selfish requests. I'm not referring to one particular member here, as I've noticed several to be guilty of this.
I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, I'm only trying to make this site more beneficial and rewarding for everyone. I have to admit that there have been several requests that I enjoyed, and wouldn't have seen them if they weren't requested in the first place. However, once someone uploads something to share, they can always make their request later.
Right off the bat I could see the downside of this...and that is, people uploading anything and everything just to say they posted something. God only knows how many reposts have infested this site.
Anyhow, that's my little rant, and I wouldn't mind hearing what others think...and that includes Alex, the other moderators, and members. Is there a solution to this? Or is it something else I'll have to learn how to live with?

Last edited by QDiddy; 12-01-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:04 AM
OCC Staff

Thanked 5,416 Times in 865 Posts

There are no set rules for posting requests. All we ask is that people use the word "Request" in the thread title. When it's missing, we add it for them so there isn't any confusion.

I can't offer any easy solutions for dealing with requests. However, I think the best way for a person to make a request is to say "I'm looking for more like this..." and post a photo or video as an example. This way they are adding something to the forums and I've noticed that posts like these usually get a much better response.

Thanks,
Old 12-02-2005, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,088 Times in 211 Posts

My solution: If the person making the request has less than 50 or so posts, I don't even think about searching. If they've got that many, I do a quick search for "all threads started by" and see if they've contributed anything (other than requests). So far, I haven't responded to any requests.
WITCH, n. (1) Any ugly and repulsive old woman, in a wicked league with the devil. (2) A beautiful and attractive young woman, in wickedness a league beyond the devil. --Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
YGF OCP 097

3m:14s

03-18-2013
nbv0032

3m:38s

08-13-2012
homemade again

1m:17s

06-01-2006
piring2 Clip 2

2m:22s