Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 236 Posts
Lightbulb Mozilla Firefox & IE

Personally, I dislike IE 7; I feel it is bulky and slow overall when compared to Mozilla Firefox. IE 7 is more user friendly because it a integrated part of the Win OS's so Java will update automatically without having to upgrade the entire app. but that being said, it is an integrated part of the OS so it is bulky and slow. Mozilla requires a tad bit more effort in terms of keeping things up to date but it runs fast and is extremely stable.

"Note that JavaScript is not Java and that the Microsoft Java VM installed on some older Windows systems only works with Internet Explorer while Sun's Java will work with IE and Mozilla browsers."

"Mozilla applications are regularly updated for security and stability; however, Mozilla does not provide updates for plug-ins. Plug-ins can cause crashes and hangs and may contain security vulnerabilities."

Updates for Java:

Java 1.6.x
Java 1.5.x
Java 1.4.x

Quote:
- I´m from Holland, where the FUCK you from? -
New York Fuckin' City

Last edited by eaze187; 06-05-2008 at 09:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eaze187 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Thanked 3,505 Times in 218 Posts
Default Help...

would be GREATLY appreciated.

Problem: I don't have any sound from web page media...like NBC, YouTube, Dailymotion, etc. However, I can play video on my computer and I have sound using all media players except Windows Media Player. It seems odd that I can't get sound from WMP but I can get sound from VLC, Winamp or whatever else I use. However, that issue is relatively minor compared to not being able to hear sound through web media.

I have searched endlessly on the internet trying to find something that would cure this issue, but to no avail. I did see back on post 10, that eaze187(I know it's been about 5 years since eaze187 posted) suggested that if you can hear sound off your computer then it's a software problem. If that's the case, what software would that be?

Okay, let's see if I can remember all what I've done...unfortunately I'm not a computer guru and I know just enough to be dangerous on the computer...in other words I can go to places that once I get there...I wonder what heck I'm supposed to do. Anyhow...

What I've done:
-I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash
-I went to RUN - REGEDIT - then followed to instructions to double check if the windows sound was set on Automatic...it was.
-I did something through RUN - msconfig...but I don't remember exactly and whatever I tried to doing...it didn't work.
-I downloaded a driver updater and updated the majority of my drivers...except for one involving my mouse which works just fine...none that fixed my sound.
-I tried on a whim to run CCleaner to see if that would help fix the problem...NO
-I have also double checked my volume and the volume on YouTube and other places to make sure it's turned on

As far as I can recollect, that's about all I have done. However, I open to trying any suggestions.

One more thing, my computer has been giving me sound fits for about the last month or so. Prior the month plus the sound worked fine.

I guess that's about it. If any of you computer guru's on OCC have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you for any help that can be offered.
The Following User Says Thank You to liberty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 AM

Thanked 22,429 Times in 2,226 Posts

Do you use speakers or a headset ? and what ever you do use, have you recently swapped to something else ?
The reason i say this, is because if you have been using the jack plugs for sound, and swap to USB headset, it can overide some of the soundcard settings.
Have you tried doing a system restore to an earlier time ?

CP.

The Following User Says Thank You to CP For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 AM

Default Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP View Post
Do you use speakers or a headset ? and what ever you do use, have you recently swapped to something else ?
The reason i say this, is because if you have been using the jack plugs for sound, and swap to USB headset, it can overide some of the soundcard settings.
Have you tried doing a system restore to an earlier time ?

CP.

CP for you imput.

Well, my computer is a laptop. When I'm home I use some speakers which I plug in; when I want to take my laptop with me somewhere, I leave my speakers at home. No, it hasn't been recent. The sound used to be fine with both scenarios.

No, I haven't tried system restore. I'm not overly familiar with system restore. Does it just restore settings to what they were at that time? Or, does it erase content to that I might have added between then and now?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 AM

Thanked 2,851 Times in 375 Posts

It just restores settings and programs. If there were any updates they will not be there after the restore. Any files or pics are unaffected. Do make sure you back up any important stuff though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivanb For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Thanked 5,803 Times in 1,218 Posts
Default Another thing to check.

In the task bar at the bottom there is a speaker icon. If you double click it, it should open an advanced volume control. See if any of the sliders are at the bottom or if the mute button is checked. I've been known to mute certain sounds while recording audio into my computer. (Spent 8 years converting a vinyl record collection into digital!) If you go to the options tab, you can also adjust levels for audio inputs. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
WP_000605.jpg  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparky 45 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM

Default Thanks ivanb and Sparky...

After I get back from an appointment today, I guess I'll have to try the system restore method.

I checked everything in the advanced volume control and everything is up.

More questions:

In the advanced volume control under the advanced tab...there are other controls.
-AC3 SPDIF
-PCM SPDIF
I don't remember if I they were unchecked or checked when I begin trying to fix my problem...Should they be checked or not? If it's not to complicated, what's the short answer of what each setting does? Or, maybe it doesn't matter.

Also, my laptop uses SoundMAX Digital Audio. I think I tried analyzing it and the computer said it was okay. However, if I can hear something played on my computer, would that have any affect on playing media from the web? If so, would SoundMAX be corrupt?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM

Thanked 22,429 Times in 2,226 Posts

regarding system restore,
If you cannot find where this function is, just click the start menu button, then type restore in the search box.
You can read all the pages and follow the instructions. All you data will be fine, BUT it may move files to a different location if you had moved them in the past.
If you have trouble, just type in goggle on how to restore, as there is lots of forums with techincal help and guide lines.

CP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CP For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 01:10 PM

Thanked 5,803 Times in 1,218 Posts
Default Well...

We're pretty sure it's not a hardware issue because you are able to play some sounds. I'm starting to think it's an issue with one of the players. (Windows Media Player, Realplayer, VLC, etc.) Might also be a codec missing. Is it a DVX video? If it is, you can download the codec without having to install their player.

One of the things you can try is to remove media players one at a time until Windows Media Player is the only one left. If you're worried about losing the software, just dump the ones that are easily replaced. Like Realplayer, and VLC player.

If you're a fan of Apple, you might want to skip the next part.

One last thought. Do you use I-Tunes? I-Tunes and Quicktime will convert your files to a format that can only be played in their players. Apple makes nice hardware but their software is hideous! I had a brand new netbook with a ton of my music on it. I loaded I-Tunes onto it so I could load an I-Pod for my son before he deployed. It converted ALL of my muic files and filled my drive with duplicates! It took an entire weekend to convert it all back. Part of the problem was that my machine kept crashing. Since removing I-Tunes, my netbook hasn't had a single problem. It's the number one reason I will never own any of their products!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparky 45 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 PM

Angry Frustrating...

to say the least.

I wish I knew the more about the internal workings of the computer than what I know. I don't know why my computer all of sudden over the last month or so decides to be ornery. It's been running just fine over the past several years.

On system restore:
I tried to do that and it if isn't one problem, it's another problem. I tried twice(using an early date and then an earlier date) and both times I get a message, "your computer cannot be restored to an early date."

So, I Googled my system restore issue and(yes, there are lots of forums) I've yet to find one forum that has been overly helpful. A lot them have to do with Norton and I don't use Norton.

With regards to your thoughts Sparky:
No, I don't use DVX video much but I have it installed. Also, I can play videos off of my computer and have sound but nothing I play over the internet has sound. Except when I play videos from my computer on Windows Media Player, I don't have sound. However, on VLC, Quicktime, etc....I do have sound. For example, if I go to NBC to watch an episode of NCIS I don't have sound. As I mentioned earlier, I don't have any sound from any web media outlet like YouTube, DailyMotion, etc.

Next, I am a fan of Apple but I know how self centered they can be with their software and how expensive their products are compared to PC computers and software. Currently, I am on PC laptop...specifically an HP/Compaq nc6000 Notebook PC series. So, I had I-Tunes installed because at one point I had an I-POD before it died. Since I haven't used I-Tunes hardly all since the death of my I-POD, I copied my songs to a folder and deleted it just to see if that would change anything. Unfortunately, it didn't.

Other Notes:
I have tried to buy a couple things(although I don't have a lot of money to throw around).
I bought this Driver Performer...ran that to see that would work...didn't help...had my money refunded(had a 30day money back guarantee)
I bought this Driver Manager...tried that...that doesn't seem to do much good...don't think I can get my money back on that one.

I looked into this PC Utility Kit...I ran it and it says I have some issues but you need to buy for it fix the things...like drivers. However, Driver Performer and Manager were both supposed to fix drivers and what not. So, I am not sure if I should gamble and buy it.

That's the latest...

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
bathroom facial

2m:22s

03-14-2010
ANAM481

9m:38s

11-14-2022
Privacy

0m:58s

07-25-2022