Our forum has over 8 million
photos, videos and .ZIP files.
uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Fox Mulder's Avatar
Fox Mulder Fox Mulder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 8,463
Thanks: 52,333
Thanked 225,596 Times in 8,323 Posts
Default The Thank You Thing in OCC Culture

Yesterday evening, I happened to notice a popular thread of mine was over 700 views from hitting the two million views mark. I was curious to see how long it would take to go over the mark. I looked again this morning and it was up over two million already. So, in about twelve hours, my little thread alone got over 700 views. The thread seems to be my most appreciated... judging solely from the "thank yous." I found it interesting that of those 700 views, only ten people bothered to actually hit the "Thank You" button. I don't care about that as much as some members do. I realize most people are either just surfing for something that excites them, or they're busy wanking themselves off. In their relentless searching or their masturbatory frenzies they're too distracted to hit any button other than (if a clit is involved) their own. I get it. I don't worry about it. I don't measure my self worth by how many "thank yous" I might get for posting pics on an amateur porn site. Being a baseball guy though, statistics are somewhat interesting. Out of 700 people (or one guy coming back 700 times?) only ten bothered to give thanks on their way out. What does that mean? Is there a socialogist in the house? Who cares? My point is this: You posters who are obsessed with your personal stastics (how many posts, average posts per day, thank yous ) are buiding castles in the sand. You would do well to remember what this place is. People come here to enjoy erotica, talk with fellow wankers and collect photos. If you're posting here to get some love you're not getting at home, you'd be better off getting a cat. I see some posters competing with or scolding others or even mentioning things about thank yous on their signatures: "If you like this, thank me." Hey, no compliment you have to ask for is worth having. I try to give as many "thank yous" as I can when I surf. Obviously the VAST majority (690 out of every 700?) does not. Don't expect that to ever change. "Thank yous" are useful tools. They can measure a thread's popularity. They're not meant to validate your existence. So folks, please thank me for these observations, so that I can go on living.

Mulder
__________________
If you want a direct link to my albums...http://forum.oneclickchicks.com/album.php?u=280653
Don't you know who I am? I'm FOX FREAKIN' MULDER, YOU PUNKS!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fox Mulder For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 07-02-2017, 05:11 PM
1Gomer's Avatar
1Gomer 1Gomer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5,864
Thanked 6,867 Times in 263 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post
Yesterday evening, I happened to notice a popular thread of mine was over 700 views from hitting the two million views mark. I was curious to see how long it would take to go over the mark. I looked again this morning and it was up over two million already. So, in about twelve hours, my little thread alone got over 700 views. The thread seems to be my most appreciated... judging solely from the "thank yous." I found it interesting that of those 700 views, only ten people bothered to actually hit the "Thank You" button. I don't care about that as much as some members do. I realize most people are either just surfing for something that excites them, or they're busy wanking themselves off. In their relentless searching or their masturbatory frenzies they're too distracted to hit any button other than (if a clit is involved) their own. I get it. I don't worry about it. I don't measure my self worth by how many "thank yous" I might get for posting pics on an amateur porn site. Being a baseball guy though, statistics are somewhat interesting. Out of 700 people (or one guy coming back 700 times?) only ten bothered to give thanks on their way out. What does that mean? Is there a socialogist in the house? Who cares? My point is this: You posters who are obsessed with your personal stastics (how many posts, average posts per day, thank yous ) are buiding castles in the sand. You would do well to remember what this place is. People come here to enjoy erotica, talk with fellow wankers and collect photos. If you're posting here to get some love you're not getting at home, you'd be better off getting a cat. I see some posters competing with or scolding others or even mentioning things about thank yous on their signatures: "If you like this, thank me." Hey, no compliment you have to ask for is worth having. I try to give as many "thank yous" as I can when I surf. Obviously the VAST majority (690 out of every 700?) does not. Don't expect that to ever change. "Thank yous" are useful tools. They can measure a thread's popularity. They're not meant to validate your existence. So folks, please thank me for these observations, so that I can go on living.

Mulder
Fox, trying to get a "Thanks" on these Forums is like trying to get free pussy at a cathouse!
What few photos that I post are for my own satisfaction. Like the old saying, it's better to give, than to receive.
So, I freely give what I find and expect nothing in return. But, I do appreciate the very few "Thanks" on my posts.
And if you get a "Thanks from a Moderator", you should mark that page!
Gomer

Last edited by 1Gomer; 07-02-2017 at 05:17 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1Gomer For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 07-02-2017, 05:36 PM
1Gomer's Avatar
1Gomer 1Gomer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5,864
Thanked 6,867 Times in 263 Posts
Default Continued

I was going to add this to the above post, but my 15 minute edit time ran out.
So, I'll do it here. Like this page (http://forum.oneclickchicks.com/show...95&postcount=3) where I explained in detail how to get moved to the Ladies of OCC Forum. Not even an acknowledgement that I tried to help them. Oh well!
Gomer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Gomer For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 07-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Fox Mulder's Avatar
Fox Mulder Fox Mulder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 8,463
Thanks: 52,333
Thanked 225,596 Times in 8,323 Posts
Default All Things In Moderation

I suspect there might be some sort of unofficial, or perhaps official code of conduct for the Mods. Perhaps "Thank yous" might be interpreted as favoritism by some pissy people. The same stat obsessed guys I'm writing about can make a Mod's life living hell. I can just hear it now: "Oh, you're friends with Mulder so you don't delete his posts...but you just deleted my ten pages of underaged, watermarked pro photos! This forum is full of cronyism!" That would actually be mild compared to some of the shit I've heard about being thrown at Mods. On top of all the against the rules stuff people post, Mods are faced with having to delete posts on request from women who discover their lovers or husbands have been secretly posting their private intimate photos. Sometimes today's prolific poster and sex addict becomes tomorrow's ashamed born again Christian... who now wants 7,893 posts removed. The Mods are too damned busy to worry about the "Thank you" button. Mods get nothing for their work but full free access to the forum. Not worth it, if you ask me. They could just buy a membership and avoid all the headaches. Keep in mind, Mods are keeping this place sane. Check out Image Fap sometime if you want to see life without rules. If you enjoy page after page of "tribute" photos or pictures of used tampons some perv fished out of the ladie's room trash, that site is for you. I'd rather have Mods preventing OCC from going down that dark road than hitting "Thank You" on my threads.
__________________
If you want a direct link to my albums...http://forum.oneclickchicks.com/album.php?u=280653
Don't you know who I am? I'm FOX FREAKIN' MULDER, YOU PUNKS!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fox Mulder For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 07-03-2017, 01:03 AM
tom_cat's Avatar
tom_cat tom_cat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: the cat house
Posts: 620
Thanks: 1,770
Thanked 11,971 Times in 622 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post
Yesterday evening, I happened to notice a popular thread of mine was over 700 views from hitting the two million views mark. I was curious to see how long it would take to go over the mark. I looked again this morning and it was up over two million already. So, in about twelve hours, my little thread alone got over 700 views. The thread seems to be my most appreciated... judging solely from the "thank yous." I found it interesting that of those 700 views, only ten people bothered to actually hit the "Thank You" button. I don't care about that as much as some members do. I realize most people are either just surfing for something that excites them, or they're busy wanking themselves off. In their relentless searching or their masturbatory frenzies they're too distracted to hit any button other than (if a clit is involved) their own. I get it. I don't worry about it. I don't measure my self worth by how many "thank yous" I might get for posting pics on an amateur porn site. Being a baseball guy though, statistics are somewhat interesting. Out of 700 people (or one guy coming back 700 times?) only ten bothered to give thanks on their way out. What does that mean? Is there a socialogist in the house? Who cares? My point is this: You posters who are obsessed with your personal stastics (how many posts, average posts per day, thank yous ) are buiding castles in the sand. You would do well to remember what this place is. People come here to enjoy erotica, talk with fellow wankers and collect photos. If you're posting here to get some love you're not getting at home, you'd be better off getting a cat. I see some posters competing with or scolding others or even mentioning things about thank yous on their signatures: "If you like this, thank me." Hey, no compliment you have to ask for is worth having. I try to give as many "thank yous" as I can when I surf. Obviously the VAST majority (690 out of every 700?) does not. Don't expect that to ever change. "Thank yous" are useful tools. They can measure a thread's popularity. They're not meant to validate your existence. So folks, please thank me for these observations, so that I can go on living.

Mulder
"If you're posting here to get some love you're not getting at home, you'd be better off getting a cat."

Be careful about telling people by getting a cat they'll get some love. You might just get your balls scratched and the only love you'll get is if you're scratching my back and gently rubbing my balls at the same time. You better put a pillow on your lap first because the gentle ball rubbing makes my claws come out and dig in. It's a cat thing! meow

My "pet" peeve about thanks is when you do something special for someone and they don't bother to take two seconds to hit the thanks button. Some people simply don't give two shits about anything because it is a porn site and normal manners don't apply.

As far as thanks count being part of the culture at OCC I think you're correct. Some people hit thanks for everything just to get a higher thanks count. To me, if you like it you should hit the thanks button and make me purr.

Last edited by tom_cat; 07-03-2017 at 01:08 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tom_cat For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 07-03-2017, 09:25 AM
jim914109's Avatar
jim914109 jim914109 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 438
Thanks: 3,002
Thanked 7,574 Times in 375 Posts
Default Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_cat View Post
My "pet" peeve about thanks is when you do something special for someone and they don't bother to take two seconds to hit the thanks button.
Exactly. It stuns me when a request is posted and that request is filled via a post back on the same thread within 24 hours and the requester doesn't even hit the 'Thanks' button, never mind respond with a personal thank you. I think it's because it's the internet, and manners don't apply on the web...
__________________
Please do not PM me to ask me to email you pics from my collection. I no longer do that due to the ingratitude, and sometimes just plain rudeness of those who have requested favors in the past.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jim914109 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 07-03-2017, 03:11 PM
tom_cat's Avatar
tom_cat tom_cat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: the cat house
Posts: 620
Thanks: 1,770
Thanked 11,971 Times in 622 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim914109 View Post
Exactly. It stuns me when a request is posted and that request is filled via a post back on the same thread within 24 hours and the requester doesn't even hit the 'Thanks' button, never mind respond with a personal thank you. I think it's because it's the internet, and manners don't apply on the web...
You got that right. I also remember when the mods were much nicer. What ever happened to Mudbug?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom_cat For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Fox Mulder's Avatar
Fox Mulder Fox Mulder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 8,463
Thanks: 52,333
Thanked 225,596 Times in 8,323 Posts
Default Mudbug!

Mudbug retired from being a mod. I think he still visits. He moderation tone and sense of humor is missed. OCC does seem like a less friendly place than when I first got here. In fact, America seems like a less friendly place than it used to be. Maybe what's happening here reflects that. I do agree that the forum moderation is often abrupt in tone and sometimes condescending. Without naming names, mods in general would do well to remember that this is supposed to be a fun place...and they're not cops. There's nothing to be gained by being a prick. That goes both ways though. Members need to respect mods, what mods do and why they do it. Learn the forum rules. Fucking read! Read my signature message. Read my first post in my threads. Can it be any more clear that following the themes of my threads are important to me? Yet, every week some dick is posting off theme crap on one of my threads. What does it hurt? Nothing. But it's a matter of respect. All the things we're bringing up here boil down to that one word. Members need to respect the rules, the mods and each other. Nothing bores and annoys me more than listening to whinning, ranting, bickering, clashing egos and pissing contests. Fun. Laughter. Love and lust. Let's spread those things around the forum (and the country) instead.
__________________
If you want a direct link to my albums...http://forum.oneclickchicks.com/album.php?u=280653
Don't you know who I am? I'm FOX FREAKIN' MULDER, YOU PUNKS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fox Mulder For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:47 PM
1Gomer's Avatar
1Gomer 1Gomer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 280
Thanks: 5,864
Thanked 6,867 Times in 263 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post
Mudbug retired from being a mod. I think he still visits. He moderation tone and sense of humor is missed. OCC does seem like a less friendly place than when I first got here. In fact, America seems like a less friendly place than it used to be. Maybe what's happening here reflects that. I do agree that the forum moderation is often abrupt in tone and sometimes condescending. Without naming names, mods in general would do well to remember that this is supposed to be a fun place...and they're not cops. There's nothing to be gained by being a prick. That goes both ways though. Members need to respect mods, what mods do and why they do it. Learn the forum rules. Fucking read! Read my signature message. Read my first post in my threads. Can it be any more clear that following the themes of my threads are important to me? Yet, every week some dick is posting off theme crap on one of my threads. What does it hurt? Nothing. But it's a matter of respect. All the things we're bringing up here boil down to that one word. Members need to respect the rules, the mods and each other. Nothing bores and annoys me more than listening to whinning, ranting, bickering, clashing egos and pissing contests. Fun. Laughter. Love and lust. Let's spread those things around the forum (and the country) instead.
You're spot on in your observations! I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you for this Thread and your inputs to it.
This should be a friendly, fun place to visit to check out all the lovely ladies. I hope it starts to move in that direction.
Gomer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1Gomer For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:19 PM
tom_cat's Avatar
tom_cat tom_cat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: the cat house
Posts: 620
Thanks: 1,770
Thanked 11,971 Times in 622 Posts
Default

I used to be a long time lurker around here so I can remember back a year ago when there was a very active group of mods like Mudbug, dognheat, fango, sparky45 and ezzy. I don't see any of them any longer on here. Most of them are still listed as mods, but do you see them modding anymore? Something must have happened, they couldn't all have retired at the same time. All of them enforced the rules, but they did it so you understood why and like you said, it was done in a firm but gentle manner and not with a sledge hammer and never in a condescending way. I also remember when Alex would pop in here and answer questions pretty much daily. I miss the way the forum was just a year ago.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom_cat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
couch

5m:00s
1,374 Views

02-15-2005
homegame trailer

5m:08s
1,334 Views

11-22-2013
Blonde Nice Body Showing Off

2m:31s
165 Views

07-16-2016
1 4938468703927795762 1

5m:35s
315 Views

09-08-2017
big bed bate x264

6m:14s
205 Views

03-11-2018

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Top referring websites:
The Porn Dude
Epic Webcam Chat


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

(Advertisement from our friends at Beaver Webcams) These free webcam shows are live!
No bullshit...It's happening now.
Click here for more free webcam shows.