uploaded by our members!

Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:36 PM

Thanked 3,209 Times in 732 Posts
Default What makes a "Professional Photo"??

I have a burning question...all of my pics I place here are amateur...at least I thought so. No watermarks...no "site names"...ect. but for some reason my threads are having "Professional Photos Removed"... So.. what makes you think it's pro??...or is this a common thing...
Old 05-01-2006, 02:31 PM

Thanked 176,390 Times in 18,850 Posts

A couple things are key tipoffs:

- Lighting. If the picture looks like there is light coming from artificial "studio" sources, then it is most likely professional. In other words, if the model's body looks glossy, or if it seems that the light source is behind the camera, rather than above it or somewhere else in the photo, or that extra lights have been set up for the photo, it is probably professional.

- Picture quality. Professional pictures typically have a much higher quality than amateur pics. That is to say, amateur pics are typically grainy and look like they've been taken with a digital camera, by an "amateur", while pro pics look like they've been taken by a "professional" photographer. Also, professional pics will typically be set up and framed precisely to look a certain way.

- The girl. The girls in professional pics are models, and as such, look like models. They are probably wearing make-up, and just look "model-ish". Amateur girls look like the types of girls you would see in everyday life. However, some sites like Abby Winters have everyday-type girls in very natural settings with no make-up. You can still tell that these pics are pro, however, because their quality level is typically very high. While this is a very subjective qualification, it's still a good guideline to tell whether the pic is pro or not.

- Posing. If the girl in the pic or pics is doing various poses (especially pouty, "sexy" poses), and it doesn't fit any of the amateur pic qualities mentioned above, then it is probably pro.

These are just some general guidelines of how to tell a pro pic from an amateur pic. In the end, you have to make a judgement call with each pic you post. To adapt an old saying, if it looks professional, it probably is.

Fango

Last edited by Fango; 11-09-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:21 PM
OCC Staff

Thanked 5,416 Times in 865 Posts

Thanks for the detailed explaination Fango.

In short, any photos or videos that were produced for a paysite (no matter how "amateur" they look) are considered "professional" and should not be reposted here.

Thanks,

Last edited by Fango; 10-30-2010 at 01:27 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alex For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2006, 07:59 PM

Thanked 3,209 Times in 732 Posts

ok...thanks 4 the info..
Old 11-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Default Pro pics

Thanks for the explanation, I should have read this first.

Tama
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tamathemaori For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 09:53 PM

Thanked 7,806 Times in 293 Posts
Default tnks

for that one
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thejizzler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 AM

Thanked 2,602 Times in 458 Posts

To add to what Fango has said- a professional image may also have been subject to some serious post-production editting, photoshopping etc.

To show just what a difference this can make to an image, check out this- its only about a minute long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFlxSlOKNI

A sign of this is that the model looks just a little unnatural- skin unnaturally smooth and belmish free etc.

Here is a "before and after" example- same person, taken at the same time- but notable differences.
Attached Thumbnails
before5.jpg   afrer6o.jpg  

I'm male. susan is an acronym. Surfing Under Some Anonomous Name. My girl friend was Susan IE some guy surfing under an annonymous name. Its an odd joke, and not funny really. But to be clear- I'm male.

Last edited by susansusan; 11-24-2009 at 06:57 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to susansusan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Default amatuer intimacy

the beauty about this site is that it retains a quality of innocence as amatuer photographers presenting some of their unique and (spur of the moment)captured imagery of the female form in intimate situations. Not withstanding it is important to consider that the OCC as a forum reflects the visual needs of those who are captivated by the female beauty in all its bountiful modes and fascinated by the intimacy of the amatuer/inexperienced foto-the best are those which are rare and unposed. It is my opinion that mankind and humanity can learn alot from these attempts at holding a lost love or intimate moment thru this unique medium called Photography. Photo therapy was an interesting movement (originated in Canada)which attempted to bridge the distance between human and retained photographic memories-with an insight into the potency of the capture intimate/lost moment. I commend those who started and maintain this site for their professionalism-(moderators are probably professional photographers), and the unique ability to provide an international overview of current amatuer photographic activity concerning not only the female form but also its changing interpretations, insights and influences.
Way out West
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to way out west For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Thanked 1,914 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Thanks for the detailed explaination Fango.

In short, any photos or videos that were produced for a paysite (no matter how "amateur" they look) are considered "professional" and should not be reposted here.

Thanks,
Well, let's be clear:

Any photos that were produced for a paysite, OR any photos that "look professional," no matter if some schmoe shot them in his garage and no money changed hands, should not be posted here. Setting a light is not rocket surgery, nor is operating a DSLR. More and more, non-pros are shooting "pro-looking" pics. That's why I think it's important to make it clear that you guys are looking for a particular aesthetic, and that "pro-looking" pics are unwelcome regardless of pedigree.

The site are looking to maintain a particular aesthetic, it's not just about whether they were produced for a paysite. That much is apparent from the pattern of which photos are rejected and which pass muster. While I have no problem with that policy, I think it needs to be made clear, as I think people who shoot their own photos and happen to be good at it would be a bit discouraged if they didn't understand the rules and their photos are rejected as "professional."

Perhaps it would be more clear if you said "professional-looking OR stolen photos are not welcome" since they ain't the same thing...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to schnytzal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Thanked 176,390 Times in 18,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnytzal View Post
Well, let's be clear:

Any photos that were produced for a paysite, OR any photos that "look professional," no matter if some schmoe shot them in his garage and no money changed hands, should not be posted here. Setting a light is not rocket surgery, nor is operating a DSLR. More and more, non-pros are shooting "pro-looking" pics. That's why I think it's important to make it clear that you guys are looking for a particular aesthetic, and that "pro-looking" pics are unwelcome regardless of pedigree.

The site are looking to maintain a particular aesthetic, it's not just about whether they were produced for a paysite. That much is apparent from the pattern of which photos are rejected and which pass muster. While I have no problem with that policy, I think it needs to be made clear, as I think people who shoot their own photos and happen to be good at it would be a bit discouraged if they didn't understand the rules and their photos are rejected as "professional."

Perhaps it would be more clear if you said "professional-looking OR stolen photos are not welcome" since they ain't the same thing...
Wrong. The aesthetic is just the tip-off. We do allow pro-looking pics, in threads such as this one and this one. Original pics taken with high quality cameras and lighting set-ups are also allowed. Not all pro-looking pics are pro pics, but 99% of pro pics are obviously pro pics based on the stated aesthetics (such as the set you posted and which was removed).

edit: You also conveniently ignored the second two parts of my checklist: the girl, and posing. Pay site models and poses have a very specific look to them that immediately tip them off as being pro, in a way that not just the lighting and picture quality alone do.

Fango

Last edited by Fango; 08-12-2011 at 06:47 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fango For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
Big P plays 1

1m:20s

04-27-2022
OC01 Opening Credits

4m:59s

10-04-2008
Mature wife Sucks Huge BBC Beach

1m:37s

09-27-2018