Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 11:09 PM

Thanked 1,366 Times in 68 Posts
Default Missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lurker
...but:

Almost everyone in this thread wanting the video section back oh so badly personally has started no or almost no thread by him-/herself, leave alone posted one or more videos, although most have been registered for quite some time (check their user stats if you don't believe me).

Guys, it is folks like you using up downloading bandwidth and thus "helping" in closing down the vids section, don't you realize?

You are begging for something to return that you practically helped vanish personally.

Lurker,

I am relatively new to this forum but find it a great place to visit. While you can certainly make the arguement that there are more lurkers(downloaders) than posters here, you'll pretty much find that at any forum. And while the more people posting videos the better, that still doesn't help Alex pay the bandwidth bill. The site has simply gotten more popular than anticipated, and no matter how many videos you or anyone upload and share with other posters, the problem is still bandwidth use and how to pay for it.

Berating users who dont post very often or at all doens't help the situation. Changing the ratio of uploaders to downloaders doesn't pay the bills. Every user who visits the site helps pay for it. Every post opened and read generates ad revenue. Making site use dependent upon posting videos is not the best solution.

Bob

Bob
Old 01-16-2005, 02:35 AM

I agree, without the vids there's just no point in coming back. Sorry.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:07 AM

If lack of space is an issue, it could be an idea to remove older videos and only keep videos for a month or two.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 PM

Thanked 18,193 Times in 1,558 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1
I agree, without the vids there's just no point in coming back. Sorry.
Are there any smilies out there waving goodbye to a user who has been registered since August '04 and has up to now posted two (in figures: 2) replies and now wants us to feel sorry because he's leaving?

GT1, how about you went out there, collected some stuff and then returned, contributing to this community? Just suggesting this as an alternative to feeling sorry for yourself and walking away?

A.L.

When done here check out my Clean-Up: 3600 pics (with zips) and growing. You might like it.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:52 AM

Glad to see the video section back up

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
ANAM485

4m:16s

11-24-2022
My Movie 0

1m:21s

11-11-2023
Fox Naughty TV Moments Russian TV

0m:31s

03-06-2004