Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 59,572 Times in 2,500 Posts
Default The Official OCC Exhibitionists & Voyeur Original Content Photo Contest

The Official OCC Exhibitionists & Voyeur Original Content Photo Contest

Contest Starts: March 14, 2010 - 12:00am
Contest Ends: August 14, 2010 - 12:00am

This contest is being sponsored by spodposter.
One Click Passes provided by Alex.

Contest Subject:
This contest is for original Exhibitionists & Voyeur photos only.

What Makes It "Original Content"?
If it's something you shot, a friend shot or someone you personally know and it's being posted at OCC first.

How It Works:
All forum members are eligible to participate (with the exception of OCC Staff Members). In the set time period just post a photo or a set of photos in this thread. After the time period comes to an end 10 finalists will be selected by OCC Staff and a new thread will be opened with a poll. The 10 selected will be listed in the new thread and members of the board can vote for their favorite one. The thread for voting will be opened for two weeks.

The Rules:
Only original photos will be accepted.
You may submit as many photos as you like but only one of your photos/sets may be picked for the top 10.
If possible, include a brief description with your entry, a back story may make the photo/set that much better.
If you would like, you can post in another thread and link it back here as an entry.

Prizes:
First Place: $160, a One Click Pass for a year and a Custom User Title of your choice. (Valued at $219.95)

The winner will be paid via paypal so all you need is a paypal account. Good luck to all and may the best photo/set win!

Last edited by Slick; 06-18-2010 at 06:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Thanked 8,738 Times in 612 Posts
Default Sounds great

Pity you can't enter this one slick, you would be unbeatable.
The Following User Says Thank You to philcoast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcoast View Post
Pity you can't enter this one slick, you would be unbeatable.
Thanks, Phil, but I don't know if that's true. There's been some great original content contributions over the years from Klondike, Pedro, dst6, Kaptain, squirrel, stanzi, garl, 024289, vhunter & you). I apologize if I left some people out, tried to name a few off the top of my head. But yeah, I've just been trying to catch up.

Looking forward to seeing what people enter, hopefully it's a good turn out.

Slick
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 PM

Thanked 260,456 Times in 8,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickOne View Post
The Official OCC Exhibitionists & Voyeur Original Content Photo Contest

...Prizes:
First Place: $50, a One Click Pass for three months.
Second Place: $20, a One Click Pass for six months.
Third Place: $10, a One Click Pass for a year...
Any chance this was assembled backward (i.e. the durations of passes reversed), or should all those photogs out there be "shooting" for third place rather than first?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispus View Post
Any chance this was assembled backward (i.e. the durations of passes reversed), or should all those photogs out there be "shooting" for third place rather than first?
No, it was meant to be assembled that way. It's set so each placing has a decent prize if you add up what each is valued. I bumped up the second prize winnings so it is valued higher than third place.

If you think about it, first place can get you not only a 3 month but a 1 year, if you decided to spend the $50 on a pass.

First Place: Valued at $74.95.
Second Place: Valued at $59.95.
Third Place: Valued at $54.95.

Slick
The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Curator of the museum of public nudity

Thanked 106,733 Times in 6,172 Posts

excellent.

I will be submitting pics, but I'm a little unclear as to what constitutes a "set" or "entry". Are these just all pics submitted by the same user at the same point in time no matter how many there are? In otherwords, if I post 20 pics, then come back two days later and post 20 more, is that two sets or two entries? And what if that 20 pics were 100? Does it matter? Is there a size limit on the number of pics in a set (or entry)?

sorry for all the questions. I think this is a great idea and great way to draw out original material. Offering a money prize will also insure this gets noticed, and get more people off there butts and out "into the field"!

Also, as you know, I have submitted a lot of original material in the past. I could resubmit old stuff, or only new, never been posted to OCC stuff. I assume this doesn't matter, though..

BTW - if by chance i were to win any money, I will give it all to charity. i.e. I will give it all to you poor, overweight, middle aged men who could add some spice to your life by getting out to a naked event once a year with your camera.

thanks,

Klondike
The Following User Says Thank You to Klondike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
I will be submitting pics, but I'm a little unclear as to what constitutes a "set" or "entry". Are these just all pics submitted by the same user at the same point in time no matter how many there are? In otherwords, if I post 20 pics, then come back two days later and post 20 more, is that two sets or two entries?
Entering a "set" would mean entering 10 or more photos from the same event or photoshoot. It would make it easier to judge if the "set" is kept together, rather than posting them at random. Considering the max is 10 photos per post I would say one post would count as one entry. However, if you would like to enter 10+ photos as a "set", just clarify in your post that the next X amount of photos will be one entry. You could also post 8 or 9 photos as a preview and upload a zipfile, which ever is easier.

Keep in mind, if the turn out is great, judging and voting won't be easy for anyone but I would say the three winners should be determined by what's captured, photo quality, context and back story (if there is one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
And what if that 20 pics were 100? Does it matter? Is there a size limit on the number of pics in a set (or entry)?
There's no limit to the number of photos/sets you can enter.

Slick
Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 PM

I don't know how often you plan on having these or if this is a one time thing, but something like four times a year would be pretty cool. Then if you were to just solicit pics that were taken during the three months since the last contest, that would keep everything current and fresh.

I have come to know an awful lot of Flickr members who take event pics, and judging by the amount of pride they take in them, most would probably jump at the chance to enter them into a contest. If I get the word out, this could be the catalyst bringing lots of new members and pics to the forums (of course the pics themselves end up here anyway, but at least they would be posted by the original photographers now ).

Klondike
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klondike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 PM

I am spreading the word to my flickr friends...

klondike
The Following User Says Thank You to Klondike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Our man at the nudist beach

Thanked 148,297 Times in 3,811 Posts

This is a bit odd for me, as I have posted about 2000 original shots already and don't have many left that are new!!! I'll have a dig around and see what I can find. If the contest was a month or so later, I think I would be OK.

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
agb

5m:25s

04-24-2010
HCCR7001

10m:47s

05-01-2022
Wives Acting Out Their Bi Fantasies

2m:19s

03-18-2009
sample

1m:32s