Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > Erotic Stories > Fiction
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonegg View Post
Found one more story on the website (genuine ENF) called The Humiliation of Kate:

http://editthis.info/create_your_own...ation_of_Katie

Just to let you know; I trawled through some of the adult stories on the site and tried a few which seemed to have ENF / exhibitionist potential, and... after reading a story about a girl whose clothes get stolen at the beach, but is then ****d and impregnated by a giant mutant spider only for thousands of spiders to hatch out of her crotch when she goes to school... I'm done with the site. They can create their own damned stories, I'm just... Nope.

Nope nope nope nope nope...

*opens the door, goes outside. All that can be heard is my gradually diminishing 'nopes' as I walk far, far away*
I agree. That site had a huge ENF potential, but there are too many writers effin' it up. I'll stick to writing.com.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:35 PM

Well personally what get to me the most about that site is that the typical weaknesses of interactive adult stories are all a lot more present.

Weakness 1: Dead thread. It's hard enough to deal it with it on sites like writing.com but at least writing.com has is a decent story map that can visually work even for bigger stories. On that site there is nothing to give you an idea. Of the stories I tried on that site about 75% of all choices lead to dead end and you just have to go blindly. Not a fun reading experience.

Weakness 2: One thread wonder. It happen on writing.com. An "interactive" story will have just one thread with 50 chapters in succession. On that site if you find such a thread you consider yourself lucky.

Weakness 3: More choices than actual chapters. There are tons of stories over there that are just one landing page with a choice of about 20 different characters. And then after you chose a character you are presented with as many choices of age/settings. And that's about as far as the story goes. At least on writing.com there is a enforced limit on the number of options.

Weakness 4: Lack of focus. I don't think that site has any kind of chapter filtering at all. Stories change subject and theme so much there is no point even looking at the original blurb.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:40 AM

#3 is generally inevitable in interactive stories.

Boring math: even with just two options (wrting.com allows 3 for paid members), if writers don't end their threads often there are 2^level threads.

2 levels in that's 4 paths (e.g. after choosing a character)
3 levels in that 8 (e.g. after choosing an age or situation)
4 levels in that 16 (e.g. the introduction to the story)

So the story hasn't even kicked off yet and there are already 16 different threads started. If a good story requires a minimum of 3 more levels before wrapping up, that's 2^7 live story threads or 128 different paths. That's a lot of writing and I've seen plenty of stories with more levels.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 PM

Yeah I know. I think it's really important to have as little paths as possible at the start and only offer choices when appropriate and for story changing, pertinent choices.

Every time you ask the reader the color of the character's panties or such little detail you exponentially augment the numbers of chapters in the story and dilute it. The earlier that choice is the worse the effect.

People have to understand that an option is not just a cosmetic choice. It is a whole new story. Do you really want to start a whole new story about the color of the character's panties in that one short scene? Or about if she take her bike or car? Well that car better be the center of your new story because there are a finite number of writers and energy and the more chapters that get added the less chances there are that a coherent, interesting story will grow somewhere in there.

Sure, in a perfect world more people would contribute to stories and you could just make a game of posting choices. But that is not how it work in reality. Authors have to beg and sometimes offer points to get people to contribute. If a reader opens a story and just finds broken fragments of a story he won't stick around long enough to want to contribute to it.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naivul View Post
Yeah I know. I think it's really important to have as little paths as possible at the start and only offer choices when appropriate and for story changing, pertinent choices.

Every time you ask the reader the color of the character's panties or such little detail you exponentially augment the numbers of chapters in the story and dilute it. The earlier that choice is the worse the effect.

People have to understand that an option is not just a cosmetic choice. It is a whole new story. Do you really want to start a whole new story about the color of the character's panties in that one short scene? Or about if she take her bike or car? Well that car better be the center of your new story because there are a finite number of writers and energy and the more chapters that get added the less chances there are that a coherent, interesting story will grow somewhere in there.

Sure, in a perfect world more people would contribute to stories and you could just make a game of posting choices. But that is not how it work in reality. Authors have to beg and sometimes offer points to get people to contribute. If a reader opens a story and just finds broken fragments of a story he won't stick around long enough to want to contribute to it.
Well, it seems most of the writers for the stories on the site are here anyway, why don't we simply make it a challenge or game for ourselves? Let's say we make some sort of system, maybe a lottery amongst us, and someone makes a chapter, and puts out a call or something.

Let's say I write a chapter in "Nothing to Hide", and then challenge Afterthefall are Splotch to make an addition afterward. Writing is fun, but often it seems that it's a thankless task and making it into something where we're actively acknowledging eachother's additions could certainly bring in some energy.

Merely tossing out ideas.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seuern For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seuern View Post
Well, it seems most of the writers for the stories on the site are here anyway, why don't we simply make it a challenge or game for ourselves? Let's say we make some sort of system, maybe a lottery amongst us, and someone makes a chapter, and puts out a call or something.

Let's say I write a chapter in "Nothing to Hide", and then challenge Afterthefall are Splotch to make an addition afterward. Writing is fun, but often it seems that it's a thankless task and making it into something where we're actively acknowledging eachother's additions could certainly bring in some energy.

I support this idea wholeheartedly! That could be fun!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:19 PM

That would be a great idea. There are so many stories I wish were continued. I'd try myself, but I don't think I could do them justice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callipygian13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2015, 03:37 PM

Thanked 3,279 Times in 410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seuern View Post

This is a great idea, I support it 100 percent! How do we start it? Seuern, how about you add a chapter somewhere, then pick someone to do the follow up? Is that an accurate read of what you were thinking?
The Following User Says Thank You to SPLOTCH11 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkmiller View Post
That would be a great idea. There are so many stories I wish were continued. I'd try myself, but I don't think I could do them justice.
Don't worry. I'm often hesitant myself at adding chapters for the same reason, but so long as you stick with the theme and avoid the things we gripe about here (too much bondage, going to too strange of fetishes), you'll be fine. It's time for authors to bloom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLOTCH11
This is a great idea, I support it 100 percent! How do we start it? Seuern, how about you add a chapter somewhere, then pick someone to do the follow up? Is that an accurate read of what you were thinking?
First, I need a list of all the authors who are willing. I might assign everyone a number in a text document then use a random number generator, but that that would have to mean we need at least five or so writers minimum. It'd be no fun to be picked several times, so I think a rule of thumb is we pick a branch and do our best to add onto each other so we don't have random additions. So stories don't stagnate because poor choices (I have a terrible time making choices), the options will be "Author's Choice" (which can be edited when you make the next chapter.) The more authors, the more fluidly this can work.

Secondly, we need a list of stories, as I think the best thing would be to do one story a week. I've quite a few in my favorites, but it's understandable some people don't like some stories (I personally don't like the story about the Ditzy Blonde who can't keep her clothes on), but it'll be a team practice.

As I'm honestly pulling this out of my ass, we'll officially begin in March to allow some things to be hammered into detail. If you have any suggestions, please state them here! I might've suggested it, but by no means am I the quasi-leader.

tl;dr
If you're a writer and you're getting bored with the limited stream on Writing.com material; we're fixing it. If you want to volunteer, post your name and I'll get you.

Two things I need.
Author names
Story names

We do one story a week in an alternating fashion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seuern For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 12:32 AM

Default Count me in

Count me in

Nothing to hide.
The Following User Says Thank You to afterthefall For This Useful Post:

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
Hairy Wife Playing

1m:08s

11-10-2015
bigbouncingboobs1

4m:42s