Go Back   One Click Chicks Forum > General Discussion > Site Feedback & Support
Login
or
Register
Videos FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 PM

Thanked 2,116 Times in 262 Posts
Default Spam

I really think we have to do more about members who join the site just to spam their own little adult websites.

On Sunday I clicked into a link on a member's post and there was spyware and all kinds of pop-ups (I should add that the link was to his own site)

A few weeks ago there was the idiot who caused the "All The New Potty Shots" thread to be deleted by posting spam all over the board which had to be removed.

From now on these spammers should be banned straight away by I.P. address to prevent them re-registering with other usernames. No warnings!!! No claims of misunderstanding!!!

What do you guys think?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,817 Times in 303 Posts

We ban SPAMMERS as soon as we can. We also take measures to make sure the same SPAM/SPAMMER cannot repost at a later time.

Unless we were to turn off the free registration feature, there is no way to 100% stop SPAMMERS from joining, posting or coming back. We take this problem seriously and do have several checks in place to avoid repeat offenders.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:49 PM

Thanked 178,895 Times in 18,995 Posts

Alex is right. The mods take SPAM very seriously and delete it as soon as we see it. To add to what Alex said, if you see SPAM before we do, click the triangle with the exclamation point in it that's at the top of every post. This let's the mods know about it faster so we can take care of it.

Fango
Old 06-21-2006, 04:39 PM
OCC Staff

Thanked 5,435 Times in 868 Posts

I feel your pain.

The internet is an anonymous medium. When people have the opportunity to share text, photos or videos there is always the possibility that a small percentage of users will abuse that privilege.

We deal with SPAM and SPAMMERS everyday. We have several ways of dealing with SPAM and each case is reviewed so we can take the best action to prevent future abuse.

I don't want to talk about our preventative measures in detail, because that may give the SPAMMERS more of an advantage. I will say that banning IP addresses is not always a good choice, because many people do not have static IP addresses.

You can do your part by reporting SPAM to the moderators. In general, links belong in the "Free Sites" forum. You may choose to avoid clicking on links that are posted in the other forums. It may be wise to avoid clicking on links posted by users with a very low post count.

Thanks,
Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 PM

Thanked 2,116 Times in 262 Posts

Thanks guys, I will take your advice Alex and only open links from now on posted by "trusted members" who are regular contributors to the site.

It's a pity that a few idiot spammers have to ruin it for everyone else when they have a chance to access and contribute to such a great forum, and it's free!!!

Free Videos - Updated Twice Daily
Voyeur ibiza hard 2

0m:51s

07-07-2010
3bf03a1535ff744d45d05a98 f1bb0d0b

1m:28s

05-17-2016
NAP 2008 Am nn Blue Latina

5m:43s

01-02-2014
Wife Loves Facials

5m:46s