View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:37 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 436 Posts
Default Proposal to remove thread's sticky status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Help me out everybody.

I want to explore the benefits of the forum's Albums & Social Groups features and get feedback about improving them in the future.

[. . .]

So I decided to start The Selfshots Project
So I'm probably the first person to read this thread's OP in years, but I want to point out that the thread was created to encourage members to post photos to Alex's social group -- not to the thread itself. For the first two years of the thread, in fact, not a single photo was posted; then someone in 2011 (presumably) misunderstood the thread's purpose and added photos directly to the thread. Others followed suit, and here we are: 6 years and 387 pages later with a thread that directly contradicts its intended purpose.

So yeah, it's ironic, but what's my point? Clearly the thread has taken on a life of its own that supersedes its original purpose. My point: it should not be a sticky. It isn't serving any purpose any longer that relates to administrative content or promotion of site features.

Also, for those of us who actually read the OP prior to posting in a thread, it wouldn't hurt to tweak this one's OP. Alex discusses (technically in the 2nd post, not the OP) rules, but those are rules for his social group, not for forum posts. This has caused confusion quite a few times, as evidenced here.

Last edited by nosti8; 07-12-2017 at 12:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nosti8 For This Useful Post: