Thread: [Request for Non Fiction Stories] Photo developed at stores
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:46 AM

Thanked 16,576 Times in 334 Posts
Default Photo shop staff

Over the years I have found it very useful to build up a good relationship with the staff in the shops where I have the fims developed. You soon got to find out where the staff were unhappy to process the films - some refused to print the pictures, others handed them back with 'overexposed' stickers on them and others printed them but made it clear they would rather you didn't return to their store. When I did find shops that were happy to print my photos it often turned out to be mutually benefitial as I got great photos and they got great copies. An added bonus was I sometimes ended up photographing the femal staff!
One girl, Nicky, worked in a Klick Photopoint store with two other girls. She was a very pretty girl with long black curly hair. Compared to the other two girls she was quite quiet and , I thought, fairly shy. Over the months I got to know her quite well - she was 24 and had gone to college to do fine art but had dropped out after a couple of years and didn't draw anymore. She showed me some of her life drawings and they were excellent. She said how much she admired the people who had posed nude for her and wished she was attractive enough to pose herself.
What an invitation! Within two weeks she had agreed to pose for me with just two conditions. Firstly, NO taking them to her shop to be developed, and secondly she wanted the pictures taken outside in a fairly busy park quite a few miles away. I soon found out she was far from shy and while not wanting anyone she knew to see the photos she was quite happy for people in other shops to see her naked and she certainly didn't mind strangers seeing her naked outside!
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to firstwnat For This Useful Post: