Thread: [Fictional Stories - ENF] Mickie's Title Rampage
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Default Modern Day MTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjib View Post
Any chance for a modern version of this story, considering this fantastic news http://squaredcirclesirens.com/micki...-wwe-contract/
That's certainly good news. If she accepts I hope she's on Smackdown. Their women's roster needs the boost and I've been consistently liking Smackdown Live more than Raw. But I don't see how a story like this would work in modern times. Nowadays everyone's a politically correct feminist.

The Ruthless Aggression Era is often overlooked because it fell in between the awesome Attitude Era and awful PG Era. But it had a lot going on for it. There was still blood. John Cena had only just started to be shoved down our throats. JR and King were on commentary. Kurt Angle was still in the WWE. And most importantly, this era featured some of the most sexual storylines ever. Forget about Mae Young giving birth to a hand. Lita carried Kane's unholy abomination of a child until she lost it due to an Abortion-Chair Shot from Snitsky. Beautiful women like Torrie Wilson who could barely lace up a pair of wrestling boots were considered to be the top divas. Posing for Playboy got you a push going into WrestleMania. And in 2006 alone we had Edge and Lita's Live Sex Celebration and Mickie's obsessed fan storyline with Trish.

That's why I decided to turn my one-shot match into this series. Because this was the time where Mickie was at her most psychotic (and her best). Also Linda McMahon hadn't decided to go into politics yet so WWE wasn't afraid to be violent and exploit their female talent. I include those three behind-the-scenes paragraphs at the start of every chapter to show that with a little suspension of disbelief this could happen.