View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Thanked 5,897 Times in 351 Posts
Default proffesional photo dilema

I had a photo removed as a pro pic. I think it was two girls on a porch. One was completely dressed one completely naked. Although it was a high quality photo I felt it was not pro. The element of staging may indicate a level of professionalism but the composition doesn't.

The girls should have been standing closer to the steps showing more of the path leading to the house making a better composition with the square shape pf the porch. Instead the girls are in between the stairs and the actual porch. However what made me really think it was not pro was the fact the girl's faces are in shadow. A pro would have used bounce cards or a diffuse flash, or an umbrella to place more light on their faces to keep them from being in shadow.

If this is from a pay sight there is no watermark, and if it is from a series, unless I have seen other items in the series all I can know is that it was a one off of some people on vacation and not pro. Maybe the naked girl just got back from the lake and maybe someone got lucky with the camera or is a natural talent. I mean most people have rented a seculded cabin and gone skinny dipping, just in the pre digital age there were very few photos.

So I see many reasons why this is not a pro photo and why others see reasons why it is pro.

In the beginning it was east NO WATERMARKED MATERIAL. Nut no pro pics is very hard because defining what is a pro pic will be very hard. Is there a list of rules yet? However even if there are rules they are almost impossible to work in every instance.

Hence no pro pictures become a dilema.