View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Thanked 14,177 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj7777 View Post
I think you are right although I like to add a few facts

Netherlands:
Yes students still do it but only in student societies. On college or gymnasium not in the open. If they get caught police will start an investigation. In student societies we had a few scandals (Vindicat in Groningen being number one). The members cannot speak out in the open because they sign an agreement if they talk to the press what is happening or show photo's they risk paying a penalty of 20.000 euro. If for a judge a contract like that doesn't count nobody dare to publish or put photo's on the net. Also most societies get financial support from the university if they behave. So I guess it's over. In my days we were initiated on the gymnasium in the fifth grade by six graders. If you couldn't drink you would end up in your pants or worse. By the mid 80's most schools stopped. Mostly it was practice done by christian schools (catholics being number one)

About the Netherlands i like to correct a bit your fact or at least add the current stiuation in my city.
In my city, Nijmegen, they still have initations in the open, in public. The only fact is that over the last years they became more brave and as they still could end up in lingerie, they nowadays wear only very decent lingerie. The local newspaper "De Gelderlander" did report about it over the last years. I guess they are nowadays informed and instructed before to wear decent lingerie.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevin6 For This Useful Post: