View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 12:38 PM

Thanked 75,299 Times in 2,625 Posts
Default Sally Kellerman - M*A*S*H (1970)

Thanks all for the information on the film and what seems to be going on in it. Thanks also to anonjohn for letting me know that the actress pranked in the scene is Maria Cardinal.

Here is another prank scene from film, probably one of the most famous pranks ever played in cinema - that of the shower tent scene in M*A*S*H (1970) on Sally Kellerman, who sadly passed away barely a month ago. Her character Hot Lips is none best pleased about it, and the scene itself was daunting for Sally Kellerman, in what was her first ever nude scene. In a 2012 interview she said 'I said "Oh Bob (Altman), I don't want to do a nude scene. Do I have to do it?" And of course it was one of the main jokes of the film, so you had to do it. So I asked "Can I at least look good?" I was scared to death. It was the last thing I wanted to do - I was backing out of rooms all my life. He knew I was scared and he said "Well, you can stand in front of the crew for an hour and we'll all light you stark naked or as fast as you hit the deck, that's what we'll see." So I was obligated to hit the deck.'

However, filming the scene itself wasn't all plain sailing, as she kept hitting the deck too quickly, leading to Altman threatening to reshoot the scene and make her stand there until he signalled her to drop. That worked, as did the distraction techniques he used to keep her mind off her revealing moment. Apparently the scene was shot from different angles, including a full frontal shot, but sadly that was never used in the final cut. But as ENF scenes go, this is probably one of the best not only for the scale of the prank, but the genuine nervousness and reluctance of the actress having to do the scene! Oh, and I've slowed that scene for you at the end, just in case Hot Lips still drops too quick for you. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot (6375).jpg   Screenshot (6377).jpg  

Screenshot (6379).jpg   Screenshot (6384).jpg  

Screenshot (6389).jpg   Screenshot (6390).jpg  

tumblr_mmq5bqlZlQ1qgpddwo1_1280.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mpg MASH - Shower Prank_mpeg2video.mpg (103.94 MB, 526 views)
Streaming Videos