Thread: [Request for Non Fiction Stories] Breastfeeding friends
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:13 AM

Thanked 16,221 Times in 1,125 Posts

I have had several friends breastfeed in front of me, and usually it's no big deal, completely non-sexual, sometimes I see something, sometimes I don't, etc.

However...

My friend's sister was a total prude the entire time I had known her... she was 20 at the time and I had known her for about 10 years. I had never seen so much as anything below her collar bone, never saw down her shirt, never saw her in pj's or a swimsuit, and since I had known her since she was 10, I never thought anything of it (again, she was 20 when this happened, though).

She had a baby a few years ago and I went with my friend (her brother) to go visit, and the sister's other friend, her friend's husband, and her own boyfriend were there (so there were 6 people there--two women and 4 guys).

The second friend started breastfeeding in front of us all, and while she wasn't totally out there about it, she did let her nipple show. Again, I had seen her before and it was non-sexual, so I didn't really care.

My friend's sister, though, couldn't believe how comfortable the other friend was and said "I wish I could be that comfortable breastfeeding. I usually go into the other room to do it." I said, "It's no big deal, and if you wish you were comfortable, that means that you are comfortable--you just have to do it." She said the only person to have ever see her breastfeed was her boyfriend.

So, when it came time to nurse her baby, she kept asking "should I just do it out here?" about 3 or 4 times. We kept saying yes, and it was actually getting sort of annoying. She was making a huge deal out of what is normally nothing.

Finally, she stopped asking and started to blush. Next thing I knew, she lifted her heavy sweatshirt all the way up exposing both breasts and started nursing, and didn't even cover the second breast! (She didn't have a bra on but you couldn't tell before this since her sweatshirt was so oversized, like she normally wears.) We were all totally shocked!

I felt bad staring since it's usually no big deal when women breastfeed, but in this particular case with this particular person, I couldn't believe my eyes. Even though she was nursing, her breasts were still a full A-cup, huge areolas that were still really light, but her nipples weren't that big. It was really unusual for nipples that are nursing, I thought.

It was truly amazing, sexual and non-sexual at the same time, but it was the only time it happened. I had seen her several times since then, but she never nursed in front of people ever again, and she still only wears heavy sweatshirts in the winter and t-shirts in the summer.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Gnome72141 For This Useful Post: