View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Thanked 9,968 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
I have written about this before. I went to law school with a young lady who posed for Playboy while we were still in law school. She was in one of those "Girls of the Southwest Conference" issues.

Between us it was no different. She even autographed a copy for me. That was a little awkward for her, I think. But we never talked about afterward and before long it was as if it never even happened.

But overall it was not a positive experience for her. Too many men were just too immature about it. Her father owned a construction company and apparently he had a long talk with her about the adverse impact it had on his business. Our peers drew unwarranted inferences and had unfounded expectations about her sexuality and behavior. She had many negative experiences of that kind.

It followed her quite a while and it took a long time to put behind her. What was most sad was that she never intended to leverage it into a career or anything. She just thought it would be fun. I am glad she didnt let it ruin her life.
This is a very similar story to mine. I worked with this girl in a prior life. I actually couldn't stand her. We just never clicked in the work environment, and we always clashed. She announced one day she was giving her two week notice. For some reason that took the pressure off both of us and over the next 2 weeks we actually started talking a lot.

She eventually confided in me that she had been in Playboy for one one those college issues. She didn't pose, but she was pictured with a bunch of other girls doing a nude run on campus. It was funny, because as she was describing the issue, I realized I actually had it at home! I brought in the next day and had her sign it. She laughed and did, and wasn't the least bit embarrassed at all.

She did say I owed her one though, so I showed her photo of me when my wife and I were at Hedonism.

That was over 12 years ago now. Haven't talked to her since, but I sometimes wonder how she's doing.