View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Thanked 176,405 Times in 18,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnytzal View Post
Well, let's be clear:

Any photos that were produced for a paysite, OR any photos that "look professional," no matter if some schmoe shot them in his garage and no money changed hands, should not be posted here. Setting a light is not rocket surgery, nor is operating a DSLR. More and more, non-pros are shooting "pro-looking" pics. That's why I think it's important to make it clear that you guys are looking for a particular aesthetic, and that "pro-looking" pics are unwelcome regardless of pedigree.

The site are looking to maintain a particular aesthetic, it's not just about whether they were produced for a paysite. That much is apparent from the pattern of which photos are rejected and which pass muster. While I have no problem with that policy, I think it needs to be made clear, as I think people who shoot their own photos and happen to be good at it would be a bit discouraged if they didn't understand the rules and their photos are rejected as "professional."

Perhaps it would be more clear if you said "professional-looking OR stolen photos are not welcome" since they ain't the same thing...
Wrong. The aesthetic is just the tip-off. We do allow pro-looking pics, in threads such as this one and this one. Original pics taken with high quality cameras and lighting set-ups are also allowed. Not all pro-looking pics are pro pics, but 99% of pro pics are obviously pro pics based on the stated aesthetics (such as the set you posted and which was removed).

edit: You also conveniently ignored the second two parts of my checklist: the girl, and posing. Pay site models and poses have a very specific look to them that immediately tip them off as being pro, in a way that not just the lighting and picture quality alone do.

Fango

Last edited by Fango; 08-12-2011 at 06:47 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fango For This Useful Post: