View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:24 PM

Thanked 5,912 Times in 351 Posts
Default Film Production Graduate

I am not boasting but as part of my studies for my film production degree I had to study photography. This encompassed lighting, lens, film stocks, posed photos, studio photos, action photos.

It seems that since I have training if I had photos that I could post here(I don't because if I'm near a naked woman my hands are not on a camera)it might be considered too professional to post.

I mean even a good non professional posed photo tends not to belong in ENF, because it is hard to fake embrassesment- although dfp productions actresses do a very good job of mock embrassesment, but even photos that people get by luck or by having a willing partner, again DFP had a truly great find in the woman in the video in which she ends up naked on her balcony and has to sneak around to her front door naked as well as the video in which she is getting ready for a date and sneezes her towel off(I apologize to her for forgetting her name). She faked embarassment perfectly, can take a crappy photo or a near perfect photo.

I cringe when someone posts a photo of a naked woman when the sun is behind her and doesn't compensate for the back lighting so you can't see her, instead she ends up a shiloutte.

Is the difference the fact I know to over expose the photo so you can see the woman's body?

Or people who use the flash at the wrong time. Digital photograph is at the point where all you have to do is turn on the camera and 99 times out of 100 you will get a good photo.

However does understanding composition, even when catching a non posed photo or being able to take a good action photo like a woman flashing at night disqualifies you? Does knowing how to take that last 1 out of 100 photo and have it come out good disqualify you.

I see some crappy photos that with a mild adjustment would be great. Other photos that have the camera on autofocus so the potted plant is in focus and not the girl. Photos that are too low res but that might be a problem with the upload, the info might still be in the original file.

My point is it seems like some people have criteria that would keep an advanced amature's photos off the board.

How about just adding one thing to post.

Found photo.

or personal photo

Just someway that allows all members regardless of ability to post any photos they have been lucky enough to take themselves.

Or do we need a new forum

Personal amatuer photos

or

Posed amature photos.

I respect the moderators to do whats best. However I am pointing the quality of the photos and photographer vary widely. Are photos that are very low res deleted? Then why should a high quality photo of some guy's girlfriends skinny dipping or dancing topless at a party be deleted?

PS to Susan Susan

I started before there was digital photography and photoshop and other computer programs. I started before the 286 computers. So one does not need to do any altering of a photo to have it be magazine quality. prior to 1990 if you didn't get it on the film it wasn't there. professionals still use 4x4 cameras. Except for some cropping and some minor things like burning in what you shot was what ended up in the magazine with only the basics changes.

people rely to much on computers today to fix their mistakes or to turn crap into gold.

Why does schnatzl have to be so derogatory. Some schmoe in his garage or some model wannabe. There really is no need to insult other members of the board.

Last edited by alphaboo; 05-13-2012 at 07:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alphaboo For This Useful Post: