View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 06:30 PM

Thanked 5,599 Times in 357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoousagain View Post
The wife and I had some Polaroids and VHS tapes in a box in the bedroom for the longest time. I scanned all of the pictures, digitized the videos, and burned the originals. All of our imagery (old and new) is stored in an encrypted folder on the computer with a unique password.
Same story in our house! I've written before about the actual, real-life, album of photos of my lady I had during the first few years of our relationship (see: https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/show...88&postcount=2).

Well, even though I stopped adding printed photos to the album in 2004 or 05, it continued to exist and was brought around from one house to another, each time we moved. I think it just had a nostalgic value or something.

Eventually, in 2012 or 13, the lady said enough was enough, we had to get rid of it. We had the kids by then and she was picturing some not-so-far-in-the-future day when nosiness (and being more than 2ft tall) would end up with one of them happening across it.

So we had an official burning of the photos night! After the kids were in bed, we lit the open fire in the living room and took all of the photos out of the album. I even got her to pose for a few pics: lying naked on top of the various photos, which were thrown on the floor!

And then they went on the fire.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shnowballs For This Useful Post: